• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dear Alfie and Nibbles ....U/D they're here!

Anniebirdy

Alpha Buck
We are all excitedly awaiting your arrival in Liverpool here at Silent Tears Animal Rescue. We know you have had an extremely stressfull life so far, and today has probably been the most stressfull of your life.
I have set up a nice big room for you upstairs where you will be well away from all the day to day comings and goings, and it will be calm, warm and quiet for you.
Nice fresh straw and yummy Timothy hay with marigold and dandylion awaits you, so you can nom away at your hearts content.
Nibbles, sweet Nibbles, I believe you may be a very nervous little bun. Dont worry, there will be nothing to fear here. Tonight, and for the next few nights, I shall sleep on the floor at the side of your pen so you can get used to my presense, my smell, and my voice, as I believe I talk and chatter in my sleep.
Alfie, you look in need of some serious grooming and TLC, but before I start coming at you with a brush and if needed; scissors, I will give you time to gain confidence and trust in me. You too will have my presense throughout the nights until I become a trusted and safe figure in your little bunny world.
See you very soon,
lots of gentle nose rubs and kisses,
Mummy Anne xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :love: :love: :love:

Last edited:
Sending lots of luck for these little ones as they make their way to you. Sounds like you have a lovely set-up for them and they will be very lucky to finally receive some TLC from someone who understands their needs and wants to do their very best for them. May this be the start of a new and happy life for them both! :love:

They are both gorgeous Annie. They have lovely characters as seen in the short space of time they were here! I'm sure you will adore them both :)

Luke is on his way and will be through in the next few hours.

All the best,
Jane
Greenleaf Animal Rescue

Aww, that's so lovely! :love: All the Leeds buns deserve a great home with love and care, and it sounds like Alfie and Nibbles are going to get plenty of that xx

Sending lots of luck for these little ones as they make their way to you. Sounds like you have a lovely set-up for them and they will be very lucky to finally receive some TLC from someone who understands their needs and wants to do their very best for them. May this be the start of a new and happy life for them both! :love:

They are both gorgeous Annie. They have lovely characters as seen in the short space of time they were here! I'm sure you will adore them both :)

Luke is on his way and will be through in the next few hours.

All the best,
Jane
Greenleaf Animal Rescue

I will ensure they get the very best of love and care and any medical treatment they need :) When it comes to rehoming the little loves, God help whoever applies, lol! I was once known as the 'she-dog' when it came to home checks and interviewing potential adopters, but the animals long term security and happiness is always paramount. Anyone I interviewed who accepted this and were fully understanding of my strict criteria always came high on my list of potentials :D
They will be nearly here now!!!!!!!! Oooooh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Dances* :D

They are here :D Two absolutely beautiful bunnies! Little Nibbles first... She is VERY nervy, will take some time I think to win her trust but I'll get there. When I lifted her out of her transport box, she went completely rigid. She is very skinny, a frail little thing who feels like a small bag of pegs when you hold her.Poor, poor little bun, what a day she has endured. I didnt mess about with her, just quickly and gently placed her down in her new area and she flew into the little hidey hole area and huddled up in the corner.
Little Alfie, no where near as nervous, but still alittle timid and jumpy. Again, he too has had a day of stress that goes beyond what any little rabbit should have to endure. He seems to 'ask' for a nose rub, then jumps back slightly, uncertain. So with him, I just offer my hand and let him come to the hand, which seems to be the way forward. Have just ran my hands all over Alfie, and he to has a very prominent spine and prominent hip bones. he looks chunkier because of his broad head, but no, another little bag of pegs.
I slept on the floor at the side of the pen area (Where the scared little Nibbles is) and the hutch (Where Alfie is) In the night, little miss timid kept coming to the pen wall and having a little sniff at me, as did Alfie. Topped up their food dishes early this morning and they ate ravenously. I climbed in Nibbles pen with her food nd just sat very still on the floor gently rattling her dish of pellets. fter about 30 seconds she peeped out from her little hidey hole, then cautiously came over and took some food from my hand. I sat giving her a gentle stroke while she tucked into her dish then climbed out. I decided it was best to leave her before she felt the need to run away from me.
Will get some piccies later for you of this darling pair of sweet, gentle natured little rabbits.
They truly are adorable!

Last edited:
Sorry I missed this thread. Best wishes to them, and I look forward to pictures when they are settled. xxx

Back