• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Mr Really Sloppy Poo UD Vets

MikePalmer88

Alpha Buck
So ive just in from work and Mr's feet seem to have wet poop on them.

Ive just tried to get him to have a look at his behind but he ran off and he has left almost a little puddle of runny poo.

It looks like someones dropped chocolate spread on the carpet.

He otherwise appears in good health he isnt struggling to move and when he stops he appears to be eating his ceacs

He is now grooming his feet too.

Any suggestions.

No change to diet apart from ive added some "cheap" hay from the pet shop to their hayexperts hay as i was running and forgot it was easter.

Last edited:
Just to add to this he never normally leaves Caecs "lying around"

Always seems to do really well getting them himself and his bum is never mucky.

Still not manage to get a better look yet as im on my own (OH not home yet) and he is clearly a bit spooked by this all

Had a look at his bum it wasnt too bad just a little sloppy

He did smell quite bad which he never normally does.

Cleaned him up and bless him he has just sat and spent 10 mins trying to clean all his feet.

Got him booked into the Vets tomorrow as i think his teeth are playing up again.....could pain cause excess ceacs/runny poo

Note sure about pain affecting his poops, but if his teeth are playing up he may be eating less hay and so it could be his diet has changed in terms of what he is eating even if you haven't changed what you are feeding him. It's hard to tell how much hay our pair actually eat given how much they chuck it about

Mr is the WORST hay eater ever - Wilma could easily graze on it but mr know - thats what caused him his first dental before

I would keep a close eye on him.
Is it just squidgy cecal or proper diarrhoea? If it's just squidgy cecal I think it might be his teeth or just a one off, but if it's proper liquid poo then that's an indication of something bad and he'd need to see a vet ASAP. It could be he's eaten something toxic etc and can cause dehydration very quickly.

Hope it's just excess cecals. :wave:

Back