• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just a reminder to new bunny owners.

Maisey's_Mummy

Young Bun
I myself am quite new. I got Thomas May last year, and as some of you know he passed away a few weeks ago. I didnt want Maisey to be alone so i got 2 little girl bunnies thinking i could bond them. It didnt work. And ive had to rehome them. I just want people to think about what there doing before they get something new, and to research alot before thinking they can do something. The heartache of having to rehome an animal is not easy. And i dont want people making the same mistakes as i have.
I now have one very lonely bunny, and im scared of trying to bond her again incase it doesnt work and she gets hurt and having to say goodbye to another animal. Its not fair on anyone involved in the situation, animal or human.

Could you maybe take her to a local rescue and let her do some bunny dating to find the right partner if possible?

Sorry

Why don't you ring a rescue up nearby to you and ask them to find your bunny a partner sometimes your bunny gets to choose their own partner  we must have been typing same time Kermit 

Last edited:
I could try that. I dont want Maisey being unhappy, im just worried. Mistakes make you weary of making another :(

I agree with others have already said.

I quite understand how you must be feeling.....but, there's always a but, many rescues will carefully help your bunny choose a new friend and do the bonding for you.

For Maisey's sake it is definitely worth a try.

There's an excellent chance that she will find love!!!!:love::love::love:

Then there will be three happy bunnies! You, Maisey and her new pal.:thumb::thumb:

I could try that. I dont want Maisey being unhappy, im just worried. Mistakes make you weary of making another :(

We have had a failed adoption with a dog while we attempted to find the right dog for our family and your right the heartbreak is awful :( ((hugs)) but we tried again and found the right puppy for us...we just had to be brave enough to try again and we used the same rescue that we had the failed adoption with as they were great so finding the right rescue who you feel you can trust is really important too...I hope you find the right bun.

Just out of interest were the 2 girls you got neutered?

We have had a failed adoption with a dog while we attempted to find the right dog for our family and your right the heartbreak is awful :( ((hugs)) but we tried again and found the right puppy for us...we just had to be brave enough to try again and we used the same rescue that we had the failed adoption with as they were great so finding the right rescue who you feel you can trust is really important too...I hope you find the right bun.

Just out of interest were the 2 girls you got neutered?

None of them were :( I didnt do my research i just saw the oppurtunity and took it, stupidly. Now im paying the price :( I wont be so eager next time.

Back