• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Unexpected rabbit number 7 - Further updated photos of how she had to live.

R.P.B.G.G

Mama Doe
This makes me so angry, :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: Stoopid women who claims to know how to look after rabbits.... from a previous to do I had with her on facebook on a pic she had put up with a rabbit in a tiny indoor cage.

Long story short, Mum messages me and says shes going to look at a hutch as we have been looking for another.

Then get a message saying 'GOT RABBIT'

They get home and tell me about this skinny little 6month old rabbit with hair loss,
I refuse to leave it there and agree to go and get it tonight.

The poor little love.

Covered in her own urine, skin and bones, losing hair.

Last edited:
Didnt finish post,

Her cage had clean shavings thrown over inches ove urine soaked shavings. No hay. Even more annoying she had 3 unopened bags of rabbit food sitting on her shelf.

Water bottle was green.

We had a spare cage that is far to small for her, but it is just for the night, She is so friendly and is happily munching away on hay.

None of us could walk away and leave her, even though we never wanted another rabbit.

I really would dread to find myself in this situation cos I would do the exact same as you and end up with another Rabbit!

:(
I bet she thinks she's in heaven now.
Even of the cage is too small at least it's clean.

So sad but this bunny is SO lucky you were able to help.
I wish others would be more responsible.

Thank you for all your words.

Bluebell has really settled, been giving her a few treats but unsure of her diet before, I refused to speak to the women.

I took some photos last night, they are not very clear but will add them to photobucket then will put on here.

bluebell1.jpg

bluebell2.jpg

bluebell3.jpg

Kind of shows the hair loss - photo taken this morning -

bluebell4.jpg

bluebell5.jpg

Doesnt fully show how badly stained her legs and underbelly are -

bluebell6.jpg

bluebell7.jpg

bluebell8.jpg

Trying to be a G pig :D

bluebell9.jpg

what a lucky ,lucky bun:love: seeing things like this makes me think im more of a psychopath every day:lol:
how can people let this happen.... makes me sooo angry:censored:

Just glad shes out of there.

She had another rabbit too, but was being picked up today a lionhead.
Didnt see it, but it was in a TINY cage.

Ill get some updated pics of Bluebell today, shes much happier.

Here are more photos of Belle (renamed as we already have a Blue)

Belle1-1.jpg

Belle2.jpg

Belle3-1.jpg

Belle4.jpg

Belle5.jpg

Belle7.jpg

Her bowl is what she came with, she will have her own bowl tomorrow.

oh no...thats awefulll BLESS you for taking her...Id have had to do the same......she looks quite skinny:cry:

I bet she is so much happier now...and a clean little home for her too xxxx:love:

She had her first time on grass today in her life, she was loving it running around in the sun, didnt keep her out too long as shes had alot of rich food, dont want her getting bloat.

Cleaned out her hutch that she came in too....

Ill upload photos in a bit....

It was FULL of maggots and stunk like sewage.

Poor little girl!

What a wee darling! Sounds like it wouldn't have been long before fly strike would have left her suffering a horrible death. Well done for helping her!:thumb:

Here are the photos.
I have added the photos to the site on facebook we see her for sale on.

Full of maggots -
Belle11.jpg

Cannot describe the smell of this - only way is raw sewage -
Belle12.jpg

How could anyone let an animal stay in this -
Belle13.jpg

There are no words for it -
Belle14.jpg

Here she is having her first run on grass, she loved it, she has a long way to good health, but shes on the right path now -

Belle8.jpg

Belle9.jpg

Belle10.jpg

Back