• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh no Mr Bennett and Cutie-pie hate each other broken bond

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
:shock: I am not surprised.

When he took Mr Bennett home Cutie-Pie went mad.

Thankfully we had a crate. So they are separate now and seem happy apart. Mr Bennett was leaping with joy in the crate. :shock: Oh well they will have to be 2 single bunnies.

:cry::cry::cry: We're considering attempting a rebond of Ted and Rosie. It was really stressful when the bond first broke. Hope you can get them back together again.

Yeah im sorry.That was my doing......I suggested they be rebonded on your return.There was fur.Anger from the bunnies.Somebun was gonna be hurt.

Can they not be rebonded?

They could when I get back, not something James can do. They never really got on after Cutie-pie stayed overnight at the emergency vets. Trying to remember when that was, but it was months ago.

Mr Bennett did have alot of bonding problems when he was at ARC with 2 other bunnies.

James said they seem so much happier apart.

Oh no :( Will you try to get them back together when you're home?
I don't know. They have never been a close couple. Maybe its meant to be.

:cry::cry::cry: We're considering attempting a rebond of Ted and Rosie. It was really stressful when the bond first broke. Hope you can get them back together again.

Oh no, I didn't know they were still separated. Its been a long time now. Best of luck.

Yeah im sorry.That was my doing......I suggested they be rebonded on your return.There was fur.Anger from the bunnies.Somebun was gonna be hurt.

No way is it your fault. Space wise it would be ideal if they are rebonded. I was always worried about them even when I was home. They preferred sitting in separate bedrooms.

Could I suggest new partners to James. He would kill me. :lol:

Sorry to hear this, but if they are both well and happy individually it could be a lot worse.

Although most rabbits do best with company it seems there are some exceptions.

They'll be fine until you get back. No point stressing bunnies and OH out to do a re bond when they are happy as it is. :)
Perhaps something can be set up so they have crates next to each other?

Sorry to hear this, but if they are both well and happy individually it could be a lot worse.

Although most rabbits do best with company it seems there are some exceptions.

It is very strange they do seem happier apart. They are the weakest bond I have had, not a lovey dovey couple.

They'll be fine until you get back. No point stressing bunnies and OH out to do a re bond when they are happy as it is. :)
Perhaps something can be set up so they have crates next to each other?

James did put them in the hallway together, the crate wouldn't fit anywhere else.
The idea of James attempting a rebond fills me with horror. :lol: He would have a nervous breakdown within a week. :lol:

Aw sorry to hear this. Hope they are both ok though.

They are happy and Mr Bennett is well again. If they want to be single I am happy with that. Or they could have a new partner each. :shock: James would say a big fat NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.:lol::lol:

Time will tell if they want to be back together. Either way we can cope. They were the oddest of couples anyway. Always seemed happier to be apart from each other during the day under separate beds.

Oh and James said Cutie-pie seemed very content when Mr Bennett was away. :shock:

Dont worry about it Amanda. It is better to have them apart, well and happy than to force or rush any attempts to rebond and end up with ill, stressed or injured Rabbits. As Mr B was in ileus for about 5 days I think he now needs a long time to settle down and bonding stress is the last thing he needs right now.

Neither CP or Mr B are stuck alone in a garden in a tiny hutch. They are both indoors, they have company when James is home and you will be back in a month or so. It is upsetting when a bond goes wrong, but by the sounds of it all had not been well for some time. Maybe that played a part in Mr B's gut problems.

I have 6 Rabbits who are single at the moment, 5 Bucks and one Doe. I have tried numerous combinations for bondings, none have been successful. I am not going to force Rabbits to cohabit if everything about them is telling me it is not what they want. I know they are all happy as they are, indoors with Rabbits all around, lots going on but their own safe space to reside.

There are a lot worse scenarios than single House Rabbits, so dont beat yourself up about it.

Dont worry about it Amanda. It is better to have them apart, well and happy than to force or rush any attempts to rebond and end up with ill, stressed or injured Rabbits. As Mr B was in ileus for about 5 days I think he now needs a long time to settle down and bonding stress is the last thing he needs right now.

Neither CP or Mr B are stuck alone in a garden in a tiny hutch. They are both indoors, they have company when James is home and you will be back in a month or so. It is upsetting when a bond goes wrong, but by the sounds of it all had not been well for some time. Maybe that played a part in Mr B's gut problems.

I have 6 Rabbits who are single at the moment, 5 Bucks and one Doe. I have tried numerous combinations for bondings, none have been successful. I am not going to force Rabbits to cohabit if everything about them is telling me it is not what they want. I know they are all happy as they are, indoors with Rabbits all around, lots going on but their own safe space to reside.

There are a lot worse scenarios than single House Rabbits, so dont beat yourself up about it.

Thanks Jane. My gut feeling was this was going to happen. This time it was CP humping Mr Bennett when he wasn't well. No wonder he jumped for joy when he had the crate all to himself. I am already thinking I will have to accept they will be single.

Maybe some bunnies are like people, they like their own space and living separately. As you say they have James and soon I will be back, about the end of April, so sooner rather than later. Better remind James to let them out on separate runs. Could start encouraging Mr Bennett into the living room, so long as he doesn't chew everything in sight.

Thanks Jane. My gut feeling was this was going to happen. This time it was CP humping Mr Bennett when he wasn't well. No wonder he jumped for joy when he had the crate all to himself. I am already thinking I will have to accept they will be single.

Maybe some bunnies are like people, they like their own space and living separately. As you say they have James and soon I will be back, about the end of April, so sooner rather than later. Better remind James to let them out on separate runs. Could start encouraging Mr Bennett into the living room, so long as he doesn't chew everything in sight.

He will. :lol:

Back