• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh Good Grief, 1980s Hair..............

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
What do I look like !! :shock: :lol: :lol:

Janes017.jpg

Perms are nicer than some of the "fashionable" looks nowadays!

But they took an absolute age to do. I remember having one done at Selfridges in Oxford Street. Halfway through there was an IRA Bomb Scare (it was in the 1970s) and the store was evacuated. I had to stand in Oxford Street with my hair in perm curlers :oops:

:lol:

My mum had the exact same hairdo, only she's blonde! Kept it more or less the same through all of the 90's as well :lol: She hates seeing pics of herself from that time because she finds them so hideous :lol:

Last edited:
But they took an absolute age to do. I remember having one done at Selfridges in Oxford Street. Halfway through there was an IRA Bomb Scare (it was in the 1970s) and the store was evacuated. I had to stand in Oxford Street with my hair in perm curlers :oops:

Oh dear! :lol: Definatly something to look back on and laugh - but I bet it was bad at the time!

:lol::lol::lol: I had a few dodgy perms in the mid to late 80's - I'm cringing at the thought. :mrgreen:

Back