• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binki ..........

Chantal

New Kit
Evening all,

Yep am here again, as some of you know I and my family have now gained a mini-lop and he has now been with us for a week on Friday, I found this site by accident, as per the norm, asked a few questions, I got replies and followed the advice I was given. (THANKYOU)

Everything has been going brilliantly, well until this evening. (please tell me if this is normal????) Got Binki out this evening as I have done every evening since having him, layed on the floor with him, he was playing with me as he has been doing and the all of a sudden.................................... this jet of water came flying at me ?????????? . What is that all about then???

Your probably laughing right now as you read this but was very shocked to say to the least !!!! :oops: :lol:

Thank you for all advice given.

Chantal :love:

That's spraying (yes, spraying urine) :) It's a sign of hormones. They do that to mark their territory. He considers you his! :thumb:

that's a sign he is possibly ready (or at least nearly ready) to be neutered.

The jet of water was wee. ;) :mrgreen:

It's not something I've experienced personally (thankfully! :lol:) but urine spraying is a hormonal behaviour that usually means bunny is either marking his territory or can also be a sign of courtship. Either way, it should be helped by neutering once bunny is old enough. :D

ETA: Doh, I'm slow! :lol:

Thank you all,

but seriously.. ............he was born on the 31st October last year so he is only 5 months old and is an indoor bunnie !!!!! and I have had lil man for a week and luff im to bits but now to put him through surgery?????

Please let me know what it is that I have to do and I will take all advice that is given, once again, thankyou all soooo much in advance :love::love::p:p:p

Boys can be neutered as soon as thier bits drop (which can be as early as 11 weeks-ish).

The best advice is to find a the best rabbit vet in your area and take him along and have a chat with the vet about getting Binki neutered :)

Thank you all,

but seriously.. ............he was born on the 31st October last year so he is only 5 months old and is an indoor bunnie !!!!! and I have had lil man for a week and luff im to bits but now to put him through surgery?????

Please let me know what it is that I have to do and I will take all advice that is given, once again, thankyou all soooo much in advance :love::love::p:p:p

yep he's ready to be snipped! my lad was done at 5 months old, the day before he went in his plums dropped and he turned into a terror :lol:

Personally IMO, if you love him you'll neuter him. Its kindest for him :wave: (and you :lol:)

THANKYOU :wave:

I am gonna enquire at Pets at Home, down the road from us and see where we go from there.

He does need some vacs and stuff as I know he hasn't been to the vet since my friend got him and I know he will get a good overhaul (hopefully) - but made me laugh when you have all said that he considers me to be HIS !!!!!! haha lol !!!!:love:

Thankyou:love:

Will let you all know how he gets on, I am trying to upload a pic of him or some but can't seem to do it from Photobucket for some reason - any other options?

Chantal xxx

Yep just to follow what everyone else said really.

Spraying Urine sounds like he is ready for the snip......

Mr wasnt done until he was over a year older and it was really sad for me as i grew to love the Mr that was controlled by his hormones and when he got done he did change and basically no longer "played" with me but what i thought was playing was him actually trying to court/mate me.

It really is in his best interest if you get him done sooner rather than later

As Sky-O said, males can be neutered as soon as the plums drop. With a good vet, the risk is very low and it's quite a simple procedure that the majority of boy bunnies bounce back very quickly from. Alfie was about 16 wks when he was neutered and, apart from being drowsy the first night, you wouldn't have known he'd had anything done. :D

There are some questions that you can ask your vet to might help you to feel happier about the procedure http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?84269-Vet-Questions-Neutering and, if you need help with finding a good vet there is also a list of general questions http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?84269-Vet-Questions-Neutering :wave:

Will let you all know how he gets on, I am trying to upload a pic of him or some but can't seem to do it from Photobucket for some reason - any other options?

If you copy and paste the IMG code from photobucket (it should be the bottom box I think underneath the photo) into the thread it should work. There is a step by step in the Help section if you need it too. :D

Back