• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our latest addition :-)

helen01

Warren Veteran
We went to p@h to get some chicken food and hay tonight and my son came home with...Nibbles:love::love:
Nibbles4-4-12017.jpg
Nibbles4-4-12015.jpg
Nibbles4-4-12005.jpg

He was in the adoption centre and the staff even let him take the cage home for a small donation:thumb: Here's his cage....
Nibbles4-4-12002.jpg
Nibbles4-4-12001.jpg

Do you think he will need a bigger one? It was great to be able to bring him home in something and at least it gives us chance to look at the available/suitable cages. Hes a Russian dwarf, only a baby, has been a child's pet who quickly lost interest:cry: My son has wanted one for the last 18 months and we have always said one will come along when he's ready...and here he is:love::love:

Is that the mickey max? I was told on the hamster forum I go on that it's okay for a single dwarf :) we are going to use it for our new hamster we are adopting on Saturday :) but then after about 3 weeks move him into the ZZ2 lol :)

Is that the mickey max? I was told on the hamster forum I go on that it's okay for a single dwarf :) we are going to use it for our new hamster we are adopting on Saturday :) but then after about 3 weeks move him into the ZZ2 lol :)

I dont have a clue what it is:oops: My son liked it because its blue:lol::lol: I thought it was a good idea as this is the one he's used to so it gives him chance to get used to us and then he can have an upgrade if he needs it:D What cages should I be looking for? He's really friendly:love:

to be honest for a single dwarf that cage is fine :D my single russian is in one :wave:

congratulations on the new addition xxx

to be honest for a single dwarf that cage is fine :D my single russian is in one :wave:

congratulations on the new addition xxx

Thank you:thumb: I thought it was pretty kind of them really, we know them pretty well and they know that Nibbles has a good home. My youngest wanted to pay with his birthday money, they asked him how much he had (£10) and the guy told him he had better go and get the treats and food as well for that much:lol::lol::lol:

I'm just looking on ebay now at the accessories to make it more interesting for him:D

i would maybe change his wheel to a flying saucer, they love those :D and maybe get some wooden block housing so he can chew/hide in them :D he looks great x

i would maybe change his wheel to a flying saucer, they love those :D and maybe get some wooden block housing so he can chew/hide in them :D he looks great x

Yes unfortunately I had to take the wheel out tonight:oops: My youngest was great at first and wanted me to leave it in for him (he had bought the wheel as an extra) but it was sooo noisy it would have kept him up:lol: Are flying saucers quiet?

Awwwww, he's cute. :love::love:

Those wheels are very noisy. :roll::lol: You can smear a bit of vegetable oil on the spindle and it might help with the noise until you can get a quieter one. Our small hammies have either silent spinners or wodent wheels and they're both very quiet.

Awwwww, he's cute. :love::love:

Those wheels are very noisy. :roll::lol: You can smear a bit of vegetable oil on the spindle and it might help with the noise until you can get a quieter one. Our small hammies have either silent spinners or wodent wheels and they're both very quiet.

Thanks:D I will have a look now. I will try the vegetable oil in the meantime:p

That cage is perfect. My russian lives in a duna (similar size). We have got a silent spinner and it is actually silent!

Thank you:D He is living up to his name...Nibbles:lol::lol: We all have little teeth marks now from his not so gentle kisses:shock: Ive ordered the silent spinner so that should come this week and we have bought him some things to climb on and in for now:love: My youngest is sooo proud of him:love::love:

I'm going to leave him in that cage as it seems fine for him, I'll have a proper look for the wooden ladders and ledges that we used to have for the other hamsters (long passed over) and create something a bit more challenging for him:D

Back