• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much megazorb do you use?

megansmummy

Mama Doe
In an underbed storgae size litter tray? I seem to be getting through this current bag at an amazing rate!! Each hutch/run has three litter trays in so im changing 6 litter trays everyother day (I change the hay daily but the megazorb everyother day...

I have six large trays which I change every day. 5 of the trays are very large corner ones and the 6th tray is the bottom part of a largish indoor cage. A bag of megazorb lasts me about a week and a half.

I just use a fairly thin layer to cover the bottom of the tray and then put a really thick layer of hay on top.

I don't use megazorb I've always used cat litter wood pellets in there litter pans and a big sack from p@h usually lasts me around 4 weeks 

I just use about 3 handfuls in each one, then cover with loads of hay. It's so absorbent I find this is enough as I do a full empty and clean every day.

:love: megazorb!

I only ever had one tray for Buzzby, it was about 18" by about 2ft3 (base from a "guinea pig" cage) and daily changing a megazorb bag would have lasted about 2 months. I only ever needed a thin covering as its so absorbent. My guinea pigs get through more because their teeny feetsies want mroe softer surface all the time so they get through about a bag a month. I darent use it for my ratties as they make enough mess with the pelleted stuff they have.

I use megazorb as litter in 2 trays in the rabbits' run (they don't have litter trays in their hutch, they use their bedroom), and I don't fully change the litter tray unless I'm doing a full run cleanout. So every day, I just remove the poos and the weed areas of megazorb and just refill when needed. A bag of megazorb lasts me around 4-6 weeks.

A bag of megazorb used to last me about 6-8 weeks when using one underbed storage box litter tray. I had the megazorb about 2 inches deep and replaced every other day.

No idea these days, as I've been using lots of different things and trays!

Thanks everyone :)

Lily and Rosey have been home for a week and in that time im 1/2 way through a bag so im guessing a bag will last me around 2 weeks which isnt too bad :) Just getting used to new quanities of things that I need since we moved up to 4 buns!! :lol: Thankfully I have found a local place that sells it at £6.70 per bag so its much cheaper than buying it online and paying shipping!!

To cut down on the Megazorb I use a few sheets of newspaper followed by a very thin layer of Megazorb topped off with hay.

Back