• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my undying love for rabbits

Grattbaby

Young Bun
iv not been on this ste for long.
i joined as i love rabbits and i wanted somewhere to share my stories, gain info, and generally see other people and how they handle ther broods.
i have 4 currently. i am in process of gaining one or two more depending on my husband and how many he lets me have lol

well, i thought id ask a few things.
i seem to notice quite a lot of you are like rabbit sanctuaries!! you have 20+ rabbits that you either foster or keep.
how did you get into that?
did you just decide to create a rabbit sanctuary in your back garden and take it from there?
how do you pay for them all??

i myself want a place to house all unwanted/mistreated/rescued rabbits. i would jump at the opportunity. however, i think i am 90% led with my heart and my head has to play keep up. we went from 1 rabbit to 4 in a matter of a month as my heart just cant bloody well say no!! and i still want more!!
i want to start a rescue so bad!
in my house though i dont have the room. and with 2 wages, still not enough to cover all costs as if your going to have pets, i truely belive in spoiling them!!
i thought i would just say my peace. i love that you are part of rescues and i would love to be the same!

I foster for a rescue, basically the rescue have the financial burden, i just pay for food and bedding, day to day stuff. I cannot commit to the financial burden being a rescue involves.

My heart on occasion rules my head too, hence i have 13 of my own bunnies. However, i know if i keep more, i cant continue to foster, so resist falling in love.

i know its so hard isnt it!!!
my meg had bunnies about 1 1/2 years ago. the hardest thing in the world was letting them go :(
i still cry about them now!!
im happy that you have 13 as it makes 4 look normal lol
il be telling my oh about that.
i just fall in love with them so quickly!! everytime we go to a farm or pet shop i end up in a heated debate with my husband about why it is unreasoanble to come home with at least 2!
xx

Back