• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fluffy

Grattbaby

Young Bun
hi there.
im wondering something out of interest more than anything.
we have a little bunny. lionhead/angora i think although 4 vets have not been able to determine her breed!
weve had her about 10 months now.
when we first got her, id say around a month later she got quite poorly. i turned to look at her and i noticed she was leaning on the side of the cage not moving. very lethargic. i took her out n lay her on a towel. she was just lying there not moving. when we got her she was the runt of the litter and past experience hs taught me they r not always well. i was really upset as u can imagine but i really did think it was the end. she was barely moving just lying in my arms with eyes shut. i cuddled her for around an hour and tried to lure her with water, food etc. she didnt move. after aroudn hour and half she suddenly got up!! started eating. and after a short while later was running around the room. i took her to the vets, i still have no idea what was wrong with her or why. vets looked at her, said they couldnt see anything wrong.
in your opinion. what do you think went on??
why did she get sick??
this was months ago and shes been fine ever since. shes now really mischeveous lol
x

:wave:

She sounds beautiful!

If you post apic - there are loads of people who know all the differen breeds..they might be able to help;)

I have no idea what was wrong with her...but did you taker her to the vet when she was lethargic? and he couldnt find anything wrong with her?

or when she was recovered?

I dont know but did she have any balance?

Ive not experience with really sick or neurological issues.

hope someone can suggest possible things to keep an eye on etc

i took her the day after. when she got poorly it was about 1 in the mornig. there is an out of hours vets but i couldnt get through and unfortunitly didnt have the car to drive. i thought well if its her time to go then il just make her as comfy as possible.
she didnt have any balace. she couldnt even stand up. it was terrifying!
her picture is my profile picture. i will add another thread with a bigger picture on here if i can remember how i upload them!!

goodness me...I have no idea....BUMP though in the health section - or link this thread..there might be others who have this type of experience with rabbits behaving lie this...how terrifying..she is gorgeous by the way!:love:

how on earth do i bump thread or link them??
i have no idea when it comes to computers lol

You can start another thread in the health section with the approporiate title...so perhaps something like : Lathargic, unresponsive for an hour then recovered - any advice?

Then either copy and past what you have written in this post about what happened or copy the www.htp etc address at the top of the page..so people can click onto the linik and it will come to this thread.

Maybe just start a new one if its easier;)

BUMPing a thread...is basically making it go to the top of the list on the forum again so if its urgent then people will most likely see it and respond.

You can post "bump":p

Back