• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Having Op UPDATE pst 11

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Julie, JJS, highlighted in this thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...post-11)-Northants-Leic&p=5321658#post5321658

a rabbit that had been dumped with a badly broken front leg and was due to be put to sleep. Well we couldn't let that happen, so he is now a Honeybunny and will be having his op tomorrow.
Julie has taken him to her vet and she is the one who has saved this bunnies life..so huge well done to her :D
She has also named him Wilbur and he is a friendly dutch boy :love:

If anyone would like to help with his costs ( op approx £150 ) please get in touch..and can everyone keep their fingers and toes crossed that his op goes well

Last edited:
Julie, JJS, highlighted in this thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...post-11)-Northants-Leic&p=5321658#post5321658

a rabbit that had been dumped with a badly broken front leg and was due to be put to sleep. Well we couldn't let that happen, so he is now a Honeybunny and will be having his op tomorrow.
Julie has taken him to her vet and she is the one who has saved this bunnies life..so huge well done to her :D
She has also named him Wilbur and he is a friendly dutch boy :love:

If anyone would like to help with his costs ( op approx £150 ) please get in touch..and can everyone keep their fingers and toes crossed that his op goes well

Well done Julie :thumb: :thumb:

...and of course thank you Jill for agreeing to help Wilbur (love that name) :love:

Everything crossed that his op goes well and he's soon back on 3 paws :D

Do you still need a fosterer? Am I too far away?
Due to Grim's illnesses he's now inside so I have a 6x3 hutch outside.

i so wish i could help but i dont think im local enough(1hr 40 mins:() sending loads of vibes though and hope he's as good as new soon:wave:

:cry:oh the poor little Wilbur..he is gorgeous!:love: well done for rescueing him xxx

Hopeing he can find a fosteres really soon...xxx lotsa vibes coming his way xxx

We have had a very generous and kind offer from a true bunny angel who has offered to pay for Wilbur's op :D:D
I will let her identify herself if she wishes to but our gratitude to this special lady's support of animals in need continues
thank you so much xxxxxxxxx

and to add Wilbur will probably be coming to me but if anyone can foster a healthy bun for a week or two please let me know..we do need some help

We have had a very generous and kind offer from a true bunny angel who has offered to pay for Wilbur's op :D:D
I will let her identify herself if she wishes to but our gratitude to this special lady's support of animals in need continues
thank you so much xxxxxxxxx

and to add Wilbur will probably be coming to me but if anyone can foster a healthy bun for a week or two please let me know..we do need some help

I am soooooooo very very happy about this:D:D:D ..... there are some wonderful people in the world........:thumb:.

Bless you... Kind Bunny Angel from Wilbur and me :love::love:

I can help you -I have a spare kittening pen and a certain amount of knowledge of post op care (I'm a qualified Animal Nursing Assistant although I'm now a home now not working -kind of 'retired' )-and a great rabbit vet (I fostered Avalon bun with no ears for Furry friends ) but I'm in Bracknell although that is M1 M25 for anyone who travels those routes ?

I had an email update from Julie this morning and I wanted to share it because it gave me a much needed smile :wave:

'Was up at 2 - Houdini had escaped from his bandage & pad and was wearing it like a sling – not covering the wound at all........... put it back on....... scared of hurting him though Jen but got on with it.

Up at 4.30 Bandage on head like a turban - giggled - put it back on - and stayed for fuss until half five……. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

He bows his head for excess fuss :love:

He has weed n pooed and is eating hay.

But because of his bandage and the fact that it is now nibbled through it, I have taken him back to the nice vet man and left him there for the day to be under houdini observation !!

They will dress him and monitor him so I wil go back later to see what other style of clothing he is wearing.

Hope the girls are okay this morning.

Jx'

This photo of lovely Wilbur was taken this morning

WILBUR_002.jpg

Oh i love him .. Mr Wilbur .. please behaves for Aunty Jill though even though you are exceedingly cute you must keep your bandage on your poorly !! :love: welcome to honeybunnies little man x

Back