• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hoooman Bonding

MikePalmer88

Alpha Buck
Ive started to really bond with Wilma as in she will sit on me for hours getting fuss, follow me for fuss, flop next to me and groom me.

My only question/problem is that I have a similar relationship with Mr and he didn't take to Wilma straight away as we believed he didn't want her...oops horrid to say.

Now their bond is good they are like a pair of little rascals.

But will Wilma bonding with me effect their bond??!

I have an awesome bond with Biscuit. He really is my soul mate. He was a single for about 8-9 months before we rescued Ginger.

He'd sit with me, groom me to pieces, play with us (yes, really PLAY) and we have a bond that i was concerned i'd lose with him when we got Ginger, but knew, it was right for him to have a friend of his own. Their bond was rediculously easy, and they are such a close pair. Ginger relies on Biscuit a LOT when she's feeling unwell, which is quite frequent and Biscuit will ALWAYS choose her over me.

I shouldn't have been worried however. His bond with Ginger is ever strong and he'll still come and play with us, he'll still groom us both to pieces and scramble over us, but instead, its now both of them who do it, not just him.

Obviously, you need to be aware that every rabbit has their own personality, so my story may not be anything like yours, but i wanted you to see that it CAN happen this way, but it could easily go the other way.

I'd just leave them to it. Rabbits don't NEED human company (as a rule) when they have a friend, but that doesn't mean they won't enjoy it.

I have an awesome bond with Biscuit. He really is my soul mate. He was a single for about 8-9 months before we rescued Ginger.

He'd sit with me, groom me to pieces, play with us (yes, really PLAY) and we have a bond that i was concerned i'd lose with him when we got Ginger, but knew, it was right for him to have a friend of his own. Their bond was rediculously easy, and they are such a close pair. Ginger relies on Biscuit a LOT when she's feeling unwell, which is quite frequent and Biscuit will ALWAYS choose her over me.

I shouldn't have been worried however. His bond with Ginger is ever strong and he'll still come and play with us, he'll still groom us both to pieces and scramble over us, but instead, its now both of them who do it, not just him.

Obviously, you need to be aware that every rabbit has their own personality, so my story may not be anything like yours, but i wanted you to see that it CAN happen this way, but it could easily go the other way.

I'd just leave them to it. Rabbits don't NEED human company (as a rule) when they have a friend, but that doesn't mean they won't enjoy it.

Myself and Mr where very much like you and biscuit and then we got Wilma as we knew he needed company.

They are both happy running around together and are never apart, but Mr isn't very affectionate, doesn't groom her as he is a little buggar!!

So I'm thinking maybe she craves a bit of attention and nose rubs etc

Ive started to really bond with Wilma as in she will sit on me for hours getting fuss, follow me for fuss, flop next to me and groom me.

My only question/problem is that I have a similar relationship with Mr and he didn't take to Wilma straight away as we believed he didn't want her...oops horrid to say.

Now their bond is good they are like a pair of little rascals.

But will Wilma bonding with me effect their bond??!

No, I dont think it will. Innitially you may encounter a little bit of jealousy, but the bunnies will create their own bond which will be exclusive of you. The bond they have with you will go off at a different tangent. And anyway, Wilma is going to find Mr far more attractive at the end of the day, because in her eyes, you have ridiculously small and unattractive ears, your nose dosent twitch (what kind of a nose dosent twitch??? :shock: ) and you really have no idea about what's good for you, why, you dont even enjoy a good nom at your fecals! :lol:
I wouldnt worry about it :) Fuss both buns, and let them get on with their own bonding, and Im sure all will be fine :)

Myself and Mr where very much like you and biscuit and then we got Wilma as we knew he needed company.

They are both happy running around together and are never apart, but Mr isn't very affectionate, doesn't groom her as he is a little buggar!!

So I'm thinking maybe she craves a bit of attention and nose rubs etc

Ginger isn't affectionate, she only grooms Biscuit infrequently, but he's the other way round and is always grooming her. They dont choose us over each other if they want to be together, believe me, they will. They ignore me completely if they want to have 'bunny time' :lol:

Phewwww that's a reassurance my OH was worried that with her "showing an interest" in me it might mess them up but they seemed very happy together this morning as per usual.

Trying to think how long they've been together now.....??

Back