• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lost rabbit please can you help?

Dana_leigh

New Kit
Hi everyone,
I know i'm new here but I wondered if you could help. 3 Weeks ago we rescued a rabbit from a family who didn't want him. He came in a tiny hutch, which is what he has been living in whilst we built him a 7 ft one.

On 31st march a catch came loose on his hutch and he went exploring. He has never come home and now his new hutch is ready :(

We live in the monk Bretton area of Barnsley near the glass factory. Our rabbit is called Archie and is a cross breed, but must likely a Netherland dwarf. He is tan, black and white and is small. He is about 18 months old.

Can anyone help?we have phoned all local vets, animal charities,rspca,, put leaflets through doors and the local shop but still no sign :-(

Have you put an advert in your local newspaper? That might help, and also, try phoning or emailing your local radio station, they might give it a mention on air for you. I hope you get him back.

Have you put an advert in your local newspaper? That might help, and also, try phoning or emailing your local radio station, they might give it a mention on air for you. I hope you get him back.

Thanks I haven't done that yet. Will get into it today. Thanks

Sure....unless its against forum rules lol Any help would be much appreciated. I have just emailed and filled out the forms for the local paper and radio so fingers crossed.

This is day number 4 he is starting now :(

Might be worth contacting local rescues to see if he's been handed in or to ask them to look out for him. I hope you find him :(

Might be worth contacting local rescues to see if he's been handed in or to ask them to look out for him. I hope you find him :(

Yeah I did this on Saturday when he went missing as well as put flyers up in the local shops and through neighbours doors.....but nothing.....there is a slim chance he was stolen I suppose in which case it will probably be a lost cause :(

Back