• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello> New poster looking for a bunny family member

Mer

New Kit
i, i have been looking around for a new bunny member of the family and found this place :wave:

We are a family of 3 have a 10 month old little boy and not forgetting a rabbit savvy cat currently but have had a french lop house bun before and we really miss having one around now. Sadly Elvis left us last year , he did rather take after his namesake of loving his food and was possibly the laziest creature i have ever met. He would grump when i woke him up in the morning to get ready for work, take a flying leap onto my bed and flop back down for a nap :roll::lol:
Would love another giant breed to live as family member, I am aware that rabbits are not children's pets and this certainly would not be the case however my son would be encouraged to be involved in the care of all our animals and taught to respect them , they are not his toys!

Elvis was bought from a breeder however seeing the amount of homeless buns around i don't feel that's something we want to do ATM and would prefer to go down the rescue route.
We live in Gloucestershire currently but can travel . I have had a look on the available rabbit but so far unless i have missed someone no one seems suitable for us that is available for us at present. Quite prepared to wait until the right bun comes along however until then i will enjoy having a good look in the forums . Nice to meet you all hopefully i can get involved and get posting
Emma x

Welcome to RU :wave: Sounds like you'll be able to give a great home to a lucky bun, hope a suitable one finds it's way to you soon!

Hi :wave: Im not against the idea of a bonded pair at all. Just thought that it would be even more difficult to find 2x suitable rabbits rather than just one. We did always plan to get Elvis a wife at some point but he fell in love with the cat instead so we left it at that:lol:

i, i have been looking around for a new bunny member of the family and found this place :wave:

We are a family of 3 have a 10 month old little boy and not forgetting a rabbit savvy cat currently but have had a french lop house bun before and we really miss having one around now. Sadly Elvis left us last year , he did rather take after his namesake of loving his food and was possibly the laziest creature i have ever met. He would grump when i woke him up in the morning to get ready for work, take a flying leap onto my bed and flop back down for a nap :roll::lol:
Would love another giant breed to live as family member

I am aware that rabbits are not children's pets and this certainly would not be the case however my son would be encouraged to be involved in the care of all our animals and taught to respect them , they are not his toys!

IMPRESSED. Having been very involved in recue, rehab and rehoming for 15 years, this statement appeals to me. I have never, ever allowed one of my care creatures to be rehomed as a childs pet.

Elvis was bought from a breeder however seeing the amount of homeless buns around i don't feel that's something we want to do ATM and would prefer to go down the rescue route.

Sanctuaries are at overspill, having to turn away creatures in desperate need. THANKYOU for heading down this route. People like you are desperately needed.

We live in Gloucestershire currently but can travel . I have had a look on the available rabbit but so far unless i have missed someone no one seems suitable for us that is available for us at present. Quite prepared to wait until the right bun comes along

however until then i will enjoy having a good look in the forums . Nice to meet you all hopefully i can get involved and get posting
Emma x

Emma, you are refreshing! My rescue/rehome has mainly been centred around parrots, yet another much neglected, overlooked species in desperate need of recognition of it's plight.
I love your attitude! Do you have a vet whom you are registered with, that can provide refs? It's a great back-up regarding proof of care to any animals needs if you have :) Im not saying you would be asked for that here, but as I said, it's a great back-up when it comes to adopting a little creature that has already visited hell.
Cant wait to read more :) Do you have any pics of Elvis, the 'Lazy Lop' ? :D It would be great to hear some of his stories!

Hello! Don't let geography restrict you, lots of rescues rehome nationally and bunny-runs can always be arranged! Good luck in your search.
:wave:

Often rescues only get a portion of their bunnies details online so it's definitely worth calling/visiting too as they might have a suitable bun in or have one on their waiting list. You might also find that when you meet them, you end up falling for a bun completely different to what you thought you were looking for :lol:

Back