• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grimlock's eye *not nice pictures*

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I finally managed to get some photos of his eye for those who are interested.

2012-04-02144945.jpg

2012-04-02145035.jpg

2012-04-02145258.jpg

2012-04-02145403.jpg

2012-04-02145437.jpg

2012-04-02145736.jpg

Believe me that's better than it was this time last week. :(
It's a lot less inflamed and isn't as infected. It should still get a little better but the damage will still remain unfortunately. I'm still able to keep him comfortable and although he hasn't got much sight when the infection and ulcers have all cleared up he won't be in any pain, and he has Smoo to be his eyes.

It is nasty, but not the worst I have seen. Is he still happier within himself ?

So much so. I think although he does have other issues such as his stomach, this time it was his eyes that were tipping him over the edge. I've just spoken to my vet who was so happy to hear how well he was doing (he's been periscoping, begging for food, flopping etc). We're keeping him on all the medication for another week and then slowly weaning him off. Hopefully things won't flare up again but if they do we can put him back onto the medication.

What causes the infection Jenova?

His molar roots have blocked his tear ducts so he always has runny eyes. The warm and damp environment causes the bacteria to grow rapidly, which is why he does so well outside in the winter. He also has pasteurella (or so we think, he has snuffle but not been tested) so I believe now this causes the infections. This eye also has ulceration below the lower tear duct.

So much so. I think although he does have other issues such as his stomach, this time it was his eyes that were tipping him over the edge. I've just spoken to my vet who was so happy to hear how well he was doing (he's been periscoping, begging for food, flopping etc). We're keeping him on all the medication for another week and then slowly weaning him off. Hopefully things won't flare up again but if they do we can put him back onto the medication.

So pleased to hear that he is still feeling much brighter xx

His molar roots have blocked his tear ducts so he always has runny eyes. The warm and damp environment causes the bacteria to grow rapidly, which is why he does so well outside in the winter. He also has pasteurella (or so we think, he has snuffle but not been tested) so I believe now this causes the infections. This eye also has ulceration below the lower tear duct.

Poor Poor Grim, thats so sad :(

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn that looks tender! I have (for the animals, not me) some eyedrops that have proven time over to have a very good healing affect...
bear with me one minute, I shall run to the meds chiller and get the name for you....

Got it... MAXITROL.

Dont know if you have used them before, but if not, maybe you could ask your vet? May be of no help at all, but, wanted to share just in case ;)

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn that looks tender! I have (for the animals, not me) some eyedrops that have proven time over to have a very good healing affect...
bear with me one minute, I shall run to the meds chiller and get the name for you....

Got it... MAXITROL.

Dont know if you have used them before, but if not, maybe you could ask your vet? May be of no help at all, but, wanted to share just in case ;)

I think he might have those ones now...

Ouch! That sure looks nasty. :( But I'm glad to hear Grim continues to improve. :)

Mimzy had some irritated eye a few weeks ago. It so put him off his food I thought he was needing a dental. Turned out most of his troubles evaporated with a week of steroidal eyedrops. But boy were they hard to administer!

Bunny faces are so sensitive. I suppose that's why noserubs make them purr. :)
Continued healing vibes for Grimmy. ((((((((((Vibes)))))))))))))))

Back