• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter Training Tips

ShirlShaw

Warren Scout
Afternoon all,

So the fun begins, im going to attempt to litter train Thumper.

Are there any tips that people could provide?

Thanks in advance

SS

Hi when I started litter training my bunnys I waited to see which corner they used the most to wee in then when I knew which corner they used constantly I used a high backed litter pan with a
Layer of wood pellets then I used to scoop up the wee from the corner and put it in the litter pan in that specific corner then i put a pile of hay in then the bunnys just started jumping into the pan eating hay an just started using the pan all the time 

Hi Wendle,

Thats exactly what I started doing on Sunday. Scooped up the wee and put it in his litter tray on top of the pellets.

So long as im doing it right that'll do for me :)

SS

:wave: thats what I did too...and if any bunny wee'd in a aidfferent area - Id wipe it with tissue/newspaper -put that into the litter tray and then clean the wee'd area with white vinigar to remove the smell and any calcium stain..if not spotted straight away. Id also scoop poops up too...mine free range indoors and have a tunnel going outdoors too..they are very very good with going outside to their litter trays to poop and wee and do poop about their cage but always generally wee in their trays. They hardly wee or poop in doors now unless they trying to prove a point to me or each other:roll::lol:

Back