• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I need help with what to do with weather/baby buns?

megansmummy

Mama Doe
L&R are roughly 12-14 weeks they came home last wednesday from a local rescue where they were in a sort of outhouse (so not indoors nor outdoors)...they spent their first night here in Millies crate in the conservatory and then we got their hutch and put them out the next night...

The weather forcast is saying that tuesday and wednesday we are having a real temp dip to 0 and below and there is a chance of snow...will they be ok being outside? They have a hutch cover on to stop draughts/getting wet etc and I have 5 snugglesafes so I can rotate them and make sure they have two warm ones all the time? Their bedroom is full of hay so plenty to snuggle into. I dont want to move them in again and cause possible snuffle problems :?

Personally, I'd want them inside. They are only babies, and such a weather dip is going to be tough on them, even if they do have lots of straw.

When I had Lola she was inside, and I couldn't have her inside because the cat gets overly friendly with the rabbits lol. It was probably the wrong thing to do at the time but she was outside that night, it was this kind of weather (daytime) at night, and I gave her blankets to burrow in in the run and put lots of straw and hay in the bed bit, she had 2 snuggle safes and had the cover and a duvet under some tarpauling (it was raining too lol) she didn't have a thick coat but she was fine, she was put outside August time I think.. I can't remember but yeah, I did what I could to keep her snug and she was alright :)

Thanks, im more worried becuase both are underweight :( Although eating very well and generally happy and hoppy...

They can come by all means in but they will have to go into Millies crate again which is only 36" so they will be couped up for a couple of days! I cant let them free range in here becuase of the millie and the kids :? I could let them out for a couple of hours each night when the kids were in bed though...

Back