• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mrs Hudson has just died under anaesthetic

CwningenBach

Warren Scout
During Mrs Hudson's spay today we received a call from the vet nurse explaining that Mrs Hudson was actually a boy, to much amusement and bemusement and they proceeded with the operation. Sometime after that we received a call from the vet explaining that Mrs Hudson had died under anaesthetic. She/he was approx 28 weeks old who would still be alive had we not pressed ahead with the operation. She's currently lying in her house with Sherlock before we return her to the vet tomorrow so they can organise her cremation.

Last edited:
Don't know what to say really. Thank you.

Should we take Sherlock to see her or bring her home for him?

If it was the anaesthetic that killed him, then yes, i believe he Sherlock should be able to say goodbye, to help him understand where (he) has gone :(

If it was the anaesthetic that killed him, then yes, i believe he Sherlock should be able to say goodbye, to help him understand where (he) has gone :(

Should I take Sherlock to her (she was our girl) or bring her home? We cannot bury her sadly as no garden.

Should I take Sherlock to her (she was our girl) or bring her home? We cannot bury her sadly as no garden.

It depends, on what you are planning to do, eg, have her cremated etc. I know its raw and i'm really sorry you have to think about it :(

I'd personally bring him home, but i understand this is difficult.

It depends, on what you are planning to do, eg, have her cremated etc. I know its raw and i'm really sorry you have to think about it :(

I'd personally bring him home, but i understand this is difficult.

We will go and pick Mrs Hudson up later and let them be together today. She looked so frightened this morning. I should've waited. When the vet called to tell us of her real sex, we should have said don't continue. She was too small. I knew she was too small.

Last edited:
Picking her up now and will take her back tomorrow so the vets can organise cremation.

Horrible. The worst thing is knowing we will have to get another one for Sherlock. Never again.

Back