• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Think I just found a blood clot (or similar) on the floor.

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
Thats never good.

It lOoked just like regular poo until I dropped it down the loo and there was a stream of red coming from it. Not a craisin. Not anything else dietary I can think of.

Not sure who or what or where produced it but obviously I need to figure that out. No other evidence on any bun or in any buns litter trays. All buns are acting as what their normal currently is (got Sky and Star taking a long time to recover from dentals).

I know who it definitely wasn't. I know who it was unlikely to be and who it was likely to be. The prospects scare me greatly.

Not sure what I'm supposed to do now really though. Whoever it was has been producing normal pops since.

Would it be possible if some bunny bled a little from a tough dental that they might swallow blood and have it appear like that? I think I'm grasping at straws. I have two very sick and complicated bunnies on a hefty whack of Metacam. I'm guessing ulceration is likely. Not good. Not good at all.

Last edited:
Gosh, that is worrying. No idea what could cause it but really hope there might be a simple answer. Lots of vibes for whichever bun it came from.

Valerie did that, it was just a urine infection and cleared up fine after a course of septrin :D If all bunnies are neutered I would try not to worry too much just yet

Thanks guys. Thanks for that info Liz. I think I know exactly who it is if that is the case.

has your bunny been doing any wee or poo with blood in? or had and problems in the past? i hope its not anything to major and get it checked out becasue it is as you have already said never good

Back