• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clipping claws.....

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
....on a bunny that hates being held. HOW do you do it? :roll: Is it even possible?

Bella's claws have grown so so long now, I feel bad and like I'm neglecting her by not doing anything about it but she just won't let me! I can usually get the ones on her front legs ok if I do it quick and when she's half asleep/eating :lol: But as soon as I touch her feet she runs off as she realises what I'm about to do! :roll: Any tips on how to do this without stressing her out too much?

Last edited:
Not sure about vets as they'd most likely need to sedate her or something :roll::lol: I have a feeling she wouldn't, for want of a better term, "come quietly" :lol:

I can only do Eli's on my own if I keep him occupied with food, it's much easier with a helping hand. The other two I definitely need help with.

First, I bring them inside because if they're somewhere strange they don't feel safe enough to jump away from us. Then I get my OH to hold them on the sofa and offer them bits of food, and I pull out one leg at a time to clip the claws. Works reasonably well.

I had the same problem with Mr.

My solution;

Hold him close to my chest whilst leaning back on the sofa like you would a new born baby.

Drape a towel around his middle and place it over his eyes.

Then my OH will be on the floor and do one paw at the time

I always need another pair of hands when doing Arthur! I hold him close to me and my OH brings out one leg at a time. Turning him around half way through for his other side. Lots of reassurance and strokes needed!

Back