• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

will we need bigger housing ?

spadge

Young Bun
We have one bun at mo he has a 3 storey house indoors and is out and about a lot, if we had another bun would the current house be big enough ? thanks

can you show us photos of the set up you have?

if you have a three story hutch without a run attached thats not enough for one bun let alone two. If you attach a run to the hutch however it will be fine for two buns

:wave: hope I helped

yes indoor bun out of home a lot run of conservatory , utility and kitchen ( not all day ) - 3 storey measurement wise just over a metre long half metre wide and 3 levels ( thats approx measurements )

Hutches with multiple stories are not as good as larger single storey hutches, as the ramps/holes in the floor take up valuable exercise space. No the house you have wouldn't be big enough for 2 buns, and DEFINITELY not if they are shut in it for any length of time at all. Rabbits should be able to take at least 3 big hops across their hutch, be able to stand on their back legs and stretch up fully, and lie down in any direction/place comfortably. It would be better to set up a permanent playpen or something, so they are not confined. :wave:

An aviary would be ideal attached to a shed.
Or a dog kennel.
Your hutch would have to be about 12 ft in length, 4 ft high and about 6 ft wide.
Then this would have to be attached to a run.

An aviary + shed or a dog kennel would be more ideal.

An aviary would be ideal attached to a shed.
Or a dog kennel.
Your hutch would have to be about 12 ft in length, 4 ft high and about 6 ft wide.
Then this would have to be attached to a run.

An aviary + shed or a dog kennel would be more ideal.

Sounds like bunny is indoors whitehood ;)

I was recommend ditching a cage or similar if you can and proofing one specific room for the rabbits. A kitchen works well as it's usually lino or similar. I have mine in bedrooms. :) to get the space you would want to compare with outdoor rabbits from a cage or pen you need to use up half a room at least. It's a whole lot easier to proof a rook and install baby gates.

Back