PDA

View Full Version : U/D Mr Bennett is home with his meds. No diagnosis to why he was ill.

Barn Yard Bunnies
01-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Mr Bennett is not eating :cry:

Jack's-Jane
01-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Oh no :cry:

Lots of vibes for him xx

Liz47
01-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Sending him lots of vibes xxxxxx

Crunchie
01-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Hope he's ok.:(

bunny babe
01-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Sendign lots of vibes x

MilosMummy
01-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Lots of vibes for Mr Bennett xx

Gemmapookie
01-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Oh no :( Sending a bucket load of nomming vibes for Mr B xxxx

And huge (((HUGS))) to you xxxxx

Sky-O
01-04-2012, 12:49 PM
I hope he feels better soon.

wendle
01-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Vibes coming over for MR Bennett Get well soon

yvette
01-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Not like him.Hope he gets better soon.xx

Alibunmum
01-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Poor Mr Bennett. I hope he picks up again soon.

How are you coping?

FriskyClover
01-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Lots of vibes,

FC x

Bunny Buddy
01-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Sending loads of vibes. Hope it's nothing serious.

hurricanhoney
01-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Sending lots of vibes.

Anniebirdy
01-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Vibes, vibes, and more vibes from here x

sally1974
01-04-2012, 01:58 PM
Sending millions of vibes xxx

Barn Yard Bunnies
01-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Thanks everyone.

Ali I am hanging in there.

Yvette, James tried to call you.

Ok the vets have said Mr Bennett has slow gut movement and gave him, vetergesic, metoclopamide and meloxicam. The vet said his teeth had some problem. I asked James what he said and said did he mention burrs and he thinks he did but not sure. He didn't get any of the paper work but it will be faxed to our vets.

He will go back if he hasn't eaten by 6 pm.

He also mentioned Cutie-pie humped him last night. Cutie-pie has never humped before.

susie bun
01-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Sending vibes for him, and thinking of you. xxx

Jenova
01-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Poor Mr Bennett. :(

Drugs seem all good. Can your OH syringe feed him a little? Soaked and blended pellets work well too.

yvette
01-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Improvement happening.Just spoken to James.

sparklefairy
01-04-2012, 07:14 PM
sending lots of vibes to Mr Bennett Xxx

Jenova
01-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Great news I hope it continues!

whitehood
01-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Have prayed for a fast recovery

Gemmapookie
01-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Come on Mr Bennet, get nomming and pooing *sends vibes*

Hope youre ok and not too frantic Amanda xxxxxxx

BinkyBun
01-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Sending lots of vibes xx

martlou
01-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Loads of vibes for Mr Bennett xx

Alibunmum
01-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Hope the improvement continues.

Hugs Amanda, can't imagine how hard this is when you can't see him yourself.

Barn Yard Bunnies
02-04-2012, 02:25 AM
Thanks for all your vibes.

Went to bed with a massive headache.

Thanks for helping Yvette. James does get a bit confused.

Ali its awful being so far away and not being able to keep a watch over him. At least James knows all the signs now and was quick to act.

Mr Bennett has been eating small amounts but not eating normally. He refused a crunchie but tucked into dandelion salad. Hopefully James will take him back in the morning. I really think his teeth need to be relooked at.

The time difference is now further apart so harder to get hold of each other.

Alibunmum
02-04-2012, 02:56 AM
I hope that he gets somewhere when he goes back today. It is a shame if he needs a dental but if it helps him get better then great.

Barn Yard Bunnies
02-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Spoken to James. He took Mr Bennett first thing this morning to our vets. Mr Bennett was refusing food this morning. :cry: Laura, I think it is, said there were parts of his teeth cutting into his tongue. :cry: I assume they are burrs. James forgets exactly what she said. Anyway as he has not eaten they are going to make sure he has something in his stomach before he has a GA. I have full confidence on whatever was said, as I know James could have everything totally wrong. He panics.

The GA is at 3 pm. They may keep him over night for observation.

Anniebirdy
02-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Bestest of very best wishes for Mr Bennet! How they do worry us!
Will be watching for updates. ************VIBES*************

happybun
02-04-2012, 12:17 PM
vibes for mr bennet. my teeth cut into my tongue, too. it hurts.

Jenova
02-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Good luck Mr Bennett!
You're vets are great so he's in the best hands. :)

chul
02-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Lots of vibes!

Barn Yard Bunnies
02-04-2012, 11:50 PM
Thanks for your vibes and kind words.

Mr Bennett has had his dental but James said he is still not eating. :cry: I feel so powerless as James has no idea what to do and I am not sure he takes in what the vet has said.

Vets again in the morning.

helgalush
02-04-2012, 11:57 PM
Sorry I've not seen this before now. Really sorry to hear Mr Bennett has been so poorly. I hope the dental has helped and now his mouth will start to heal as his tongue wont feel so sore. I really hope there will be better news by morning. Sending lots of vibes. I'm sure James and the vets are doing a great job of looking after him. I know sometimes when I am frazzled or worried I dont always remember what the vets have said or that I have understood it correctly, but he is in safe hands with the vets and James is doing his best for him so try to keep that in mind. Really hope he can be tempted by some noms in the morning xx

helennnnnn
02-04-2012, 11:59 PM
:( Perhaps you could suggest that James writes down what the vet says and makes sure he gets all the info, so he can tell you accurately and won't forget? I know I always find it hard to take in what the vet is saying when I just want to get out of there and back home.

Barn Yard Bunnies
03-04-2012, 12:06 AM
Sorry I've not seen this before now. Really sorry to hear Mr Bennett has been so poorly. I hope the dental has helped and now his mouth will start to heal as his tongue wont feel so sore. I really hope there will be better news by morning. Sending lots of vibes. I'm sure James and the vets are doing a great job of looking after him. I know sometimes when I am frazzled or worried I dont always remember what the vets have said or that I have understood it correctly, but he is in safe hands with the vets and James is doing his best for him so try to keep that in mind. Really hope he can be tempted by some noms in the morning xx

Thanks Helen. That is what James is hoping, that after a nights rest his tongue will feel better and he will feel like eating. I have never had a bunny with burrs before, or one that needed a dental as an emergency. Cutie-Pies teeth are not great but when she was spayed a year ago and had a trim she has been fine since then. James is also incredibly stressed. Its a feeling of being so powerless. Especially as Mr Bennett is usually such a greedy boy.

:( Perhaps you could suggest that James writes down what the vet says and makes sure he gets all the info, so he can tell you accurately and won't forget? I know I always find it hard to take in what the vet is saying when I just want to get out of there and back home.

You have given me an idea. I will phone them myself as I have a phone card.

Jenova
03-04-2012, 12:13 AM
Has he got lots of painkillers?
Can you ring the emergency vet and ask if you can give him the maximum possible dose?
Give him anything he loves.
Porridge oats, herbs, veg, bread anything to tempt him.

I really hope he's okay.

Barn Yard Bunnies
03-04-2012, 12:15 AM
Has he got lots of painkillers?
Can you ring the emergency vet and ask if you can give him the maximum possible dose?
Give him anything he loves.
Porridge oats, herbs, veg, bread anything to tempt him.

I really hope he's okay.

James said he received a 24 hour painkiller.

He bought a range of food including coriander. Could get him to buy some banana. Mr Bennett loves banana.

bunnytoes
03-04-2012, 12:48 AM
Sending eating vibes for Mr Bennett. When are you returning home?

Barn Yard Bunnies
03-04-2012, 12:54 AM
Sending eating vibes for Mr Bennett. When are you returning home?

Thanks.

Not sure, either end of April or mid May. I am waiting for a decision from my mum but she keeps changing her mind. We had planned to fly back together. She is up and down and has days where she feels depressed and other days when she doesn't want to return to the UK.

Alibunmum
03-04-2012, 03:07 AM
What at tough situation for you both. I really hope he is feeling better and eating again by the morning.

Jack's-Jane
03-04-2012, 06:09 AM
I am sure Laura would admit Mr B if James asked for this. I would offer to have him here (Mr B I mean !!) but A- I have no-where for him to stay that is away from my Rabbits and B- I have several ill Rabbits myself now so I just cant knowingly take on more as there are only so many hours in a day :cry:

Laura and the VNs would give Mr B all the nursing care he needs and any appropriate meds. Even though the spurs have been dealt with Mr B will still have a VERY sore tongue. This will take a day or two to heal and stop hurting.

Sending more vibes xx

Barn Yard Bunnies
03-04-2012, 07:28 AM
I am sure Laura would admit Mr B if James asked for this. I would offer to have him here (Mr B I mean !!) but A- I have no-where for him to stay that is away from my Rabbits and B- I have several ill Rabbits myself now so I just cant knowingly take on more as there are only so many hours in a day :cry:

Laura and the VNs would give Mr B all the nursing care he needs and any appropriate meds. Even though the spurs have been dealt with Mr B will still have a VERY sore tongue. This will take a day or two to heal and stop hurting.

Sending more vibes xx

Oh gosh Jane I wouldn't accept your kind offer. I know you have so much on your plate.

Have just spoken to James and Mr Bennett not interested in food. He is really stressing out with me over here, also taking time off work. I should phone him back and say if he is so worried, ask if Mr Bennett can stay at the vets. He has become very fond of Mr Bennett and his main companion since I have been away. I thought it could be Mr Bennetts tongue. I don't think he is hunched over but he is sitting in the litter tray.

At least I know Mr Bennett is getting the best vet care. Maybe he needs more painkillers. James will be talking to them at 9 am.

Jack's-Jane
03-04-2012, 07:52 AM
Oh gosh Jane I wouldn't accept your kind offer. I know you have so much on your plate.

Have just spoken to James and Mr Bennett not interested in food. He is really stressing out with me over here, also taking time off work. I should phone him back and say if he is so worried, ask if Mr Bennett can stay at the vets. He has become very fond of Mr Bennett and his main companion since I have been away. I thought it could be Mr Bennetts tongue. I don't think he is hunched over but he is sitting in the litter tray.

At least I know Mr Bennett is getting the best vet care. Maybe he needs more painkillers. James will be talking to them at 9 am.

Definitely get James to ask for him to be admitted. Do you want me to speak with Laura, not because James is incapable, but I know that it is so hard when you are really stressed out about everything.

I'll pop back on here in half an hour and if you want me to call Laura I can do so at 8.30. Then you can let James know when to take Mr B in

Barn Yard Bunnies
03-04-2012, 08:04 AM
Definitely get James to ask for him to be admitted. Do you want me to speak with Laura, not because James is incapable, but I know that it is so hard when you are really stressed out about everything.

I'll pop back on here in half an hour and if you want me to call Laura I can do so at 8.30. Then you can let James know when to take Mr B in

Thanks Jane. I have been trying to call James but no answer. I guess he might be in the shower or buying something. He is doing a late today so starts work at 12 or 12.30 so he should be around. I will get back to you as soon as I hear from him.

Jenova
03-04-2012, 10:55 AM
How are things?

Barn Yard Bunnies
03-04-2012, 11:01 AM
How are things?

James must have been at the vets when I was phoning. Mr Bennett is staying at the vets. . They can't find nothing else wrong with him so I think it must be his tongue healing. James phoned them to see if he was staying overnight and Mr Bennett has eaten. So they are basically observing him now. Will know more at around midday your time.

Barn Yard Bunnies
03-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Our vets have decided to keep Mr Bennett overnight. He has had a little food but not pooing.

I am or was, still am so looking forward to seeing Mr Bennett when I return, I cannot think there would be complications. :cry:

Alibunmum
03-04-2012, 01:27 PM
James must have been at the vets when I was phoning. Mr Bennett is staying at the vets. . They can't find nothing else wrong with him so I think it must be his tongue healing. James phoned them to see if he was staying overnight and Mr Bennett has eaten. So they are basically observing him now. Will know more at around midday your time.

I am so glad Mr Bennett is staying at the vets. It will allow you to relax knowing he is safe and in good hands with round the clock vet care. I hope James will be happier without the responsibility of such a poorly bunny to care for. Fingers crossed the next news is more positive.

whitehood
03-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Our vets have decided to keep Mr Bennett overnight. He has had a little food but not pooing.

I am or was, still am so looking forward to seeing Mr Bennett when I return, I cannot think there would be complications. :cry:

Sending more prayers his way :(

Jenova
03-04-2012, 02:55 PM
I hope he picks up and I suspect it's just pain from his tongue. :(

bunnytoes
03-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Sending more healing,eating and pooping vibes for him.

Barn Yard Bunnies
03-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Thanks everyone. I am flagging now. 12.20 am so very tired.

I phoned the vets myself and they are happy with Mr Bennetts progress. He is bright and doing normal bunny things. Just waiting for poos.:thumb:

Jack's-Jane
03-04-2012, 03:34 PM
I have just been to visit Mr B and taken him a selection of food goodies. He is as bright as a button and he is nibbling at food for himself. He is also taking syringe feeds really well.

I honestly think it is just a matter of time for things to move through. Me and Laura gave him a good talking to about the importance of poo and how we want to see some from him within the next few hours. Mr B listened intently then chomped on some of the dried grass I took in. Then he had a nibble of Spring Greens.

It is looking very optimistic for Mr Bennet :D :love:

Alibunmum
03-04-2012, 03:39 PM
I have just been to visit Mr B and taken him a selection of food goodies. He is as bright as a button and he is nibbling at food for himself. He is also taking syringe feeds really well.

I honestly think it is just a matter of time for things to move through. Me and Laura gave him a good talking to about the importance of poo and how we want to see some from him within the next few hours. Mr B listened intently then chomped on some of the dried grass I took in. Then he had a nibble of Spring Greens.

Aww Jane, that is so lovely, I am sure that it will put Barn Yard Bunnies mind at rest. :love::love::love:

Jenova
03-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Great news!
I hope he keeps on improving and pumps out those poos!

helgalush
03-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Aw Jane that is so kind of you to go and visit Mr B, and take him some nice noms!!!
Really glad he has perked up a bit more and hope there is some poo very soon!!

Captain Helen
03-04-2012, 10:37 PM
So glad he's improving :D Lovely of Jane to check up on him :love: I hope he makes a complete recovery soon. Sending lots of vibes for Mr Bennett xx

Barn Yard Bunnies
04-04-2012, 12:32 AM

Thank you so much Jane that is so kind of you.

Mr Bennett is an endearing little man.

So pleased to hear he is doing so well. :love: Can't wait to get home and give my naughty boy a cuddle.:love:

Barn Yard Bunnies
04-04-2012, 09:28 AM
James went to pick Mr Bennett up but the vets want him to stay until at least closing time. Although he is bright, eating - including hay, he still hasn't pooed. :cry:

Alibunmum
04-04-2012, 09:41 AM
James went to pick Mr Bennett up but the vets want him to stay until at least closing time. Although he is bright, eating - including hay, he still hasn't pooed. :cry:

Oh no, come on Mr Bennett. Please get pooing and stop worrying us!

wendle
04-04-2012, 09:42 AM
sending loads a poop vibes over for Mr Bennett Come On Fella

Jenova
04-04-2012, 12:45 PM
:(

helgalush
04-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Sending pooing vibes for Mr Bennett. !

Barn Yard Bunnies
04-04-2012, 10:32 PM
Thank you all so much for your support and vibes. :love:

Mr Bennett is back to his old self and happy in the crate. Leaping with happiness James said. :love:

susie bun
04-04-2012, 10:38 PM
What a relief for you! Hope he continues to keep well now. xx

Jenova
04-04-2012, 10:40 PM
Wonderful news!
Well done to James for catching his illness early and to the vets for looking after him so well and for Jane for bringing him bunny treats. :D

helgalush
04-04-2012, 11:33 PM
Great news!! Well done Mr Bennett and James!

Jack's-Jane
05-04-2012, 06:47 AM
Well done Mr B !! :love: :D

Barn Yard Bunnies
05-04-2012, 07:13 AM
Well done Mr B !! :love: :D

So pleased he is home. I don't think we have anything to worry about now.

Barn Yard Bunnies
06-04-2012, 07:11 AM
James just phoned me really worried. Said Mr Bennett is barely eating.

Oh god he also put them back together and although for most of the day they were fine together it ended up in a fight. I should have said not to rebond them but I thought I made it clear. James said Mr Bennett started eating when they were together. Now I am sooooooooooooooo stressed.

sparklefairy
06-04-2012, 11:30 AM
I'm so sorry the hear this. I hope things improve for Mr Bennet. What a worry for you :(

Sending vibes Xxx

Jack's-Jane
06-04-2012, 11:34 AM
I have spoken with James a few times this morning and have PM'd you Amanda xx

Alibunmum
06-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Jane, I am so glad you are involved with Mr B and supporting James. Amanda, I hope this eases your worry at least slightly. Millions of vibes for him getting better soon.

Jack's-Jane
06-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Jane, I am so glad you are involved with Mr B and supporting James. Amanda, I hope this eases your worry at least slightly. Millions of vibes for him getting better soon.

I am not really able to do anything as I have explained to Amanda in my PM. James will be contacting the OOH Vet at mid-day if Mr B has not eaten or poo'd by then.

Whilst I do have supplies of various meds here it would be illegal for me to administer any to Mr B as they are POMs prescribed for my Rabbits. If I administered anything to Mr B not only would I be in big trouble it could seriously impact on C too. I have also explained why I cannot have Mr B here, as much as I would like to do so. As I have 30 Rabbits myself, some who are significantly debilitated, I cannot risk further problems should Mr B be incubating anything contagious. Although I feel this to be very unlikely, it is a risk I cannot take.

I will continue to offer telephone support to James. I just wish I were able to do more :cry:

yvette
06-04-2012, 11:48 AM
No doubt Jane and I have said pretty much the same thing.
I was shocked when I was told they were back together.

Alibunmum
06-04-2012, 11:52 AM
I am not really able to do anything as I have explained to Amanda in my PM. James will be contacting the OOH Vet at mid-day if Mr B has not eaten or poo'd by then.

Whilst I do have supplies of various meds here it would be illegal for me to administer any to Mr B as they are POMs prescribed for my Rabbits. If I administered anything to Mr B not only would I be in big trouble it could seriously impact on C too. I have also explained why I cannot have Mr B here, as much as I would like to do so. As I have 30 Rabbits myself, some who are significantly debilitated, I cannot risk further problems should Mr B be incubating anything contagious. Although I feel this to be very unlikely, it is a risk I cannot take.

I will continue to offer telephone support to James. I just wish I were able to do more :cry:

I am sure just having you to talk to and bounce ideas off is a big comfort though, it may not be practical help but it is still valuable.:wave::wave:

Alibunmum
06-04-2012, 11:54 AM
No doubt Jane and I have said pretty much the same thing.
I was shocked when I was told they were back together.
:(::((

I am sure both of you are making a difference to James so he doesn't feel just as alone while Amanda is sleeping.

Captain Helen
06-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Oh no :cry: I hope Mr Bennett perks up again soon. The time difference must make things so much more complicated. Sending lots more vibes xx

helgalush
06-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Really hope Mr B perks up soon. Poor little fella x

Liz47
06-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Sending lots more vibes, hope he feels better soon xxx

Jack's-Jane
06-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Mr B has been admitted to the Emergency Vets after they spoke with C

So far they can find no reason for his anorexia, he is bright within himself, cleaning himself and behaving normally. The only abnormal thing is that he wont eat. James is being kept updated by the Emergency Vets. At the moment everyone is at a loss as to why Mr B is refusing food. But at least he is in a place where medication can be administered if and when appropriate and fluids and syringe feeding can be ongoing.

Poor James is more than a little stressed as you can imagine.

Jenova
06-04-2012, 03:03 PM
:(
Huge vibes for Mr Bennett and I really feel for everyone involved. It's always stressful but even more so around a holiday and even more so when one person is in another country. :(

Crunchie
06-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Poor Mr Bennet but at least he has a great vet who'll look after him.:thumb:

Alibunmum
06-04-2012, 04:17 PM
I am glad he has been admitted so that he can get the treatment he needs. Now how he will need to get munching!

Barn Yard Bunnies
06-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Thanks Jane for all your help. I am phoning James now.

Thanks so much for all your vibes everyone. xxx

bunnytoes
06-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Mr B has been admitted to the Emergency Vets after they spoke with C

So far they can find no reason for his anorexia, he is bright within himself, cleaning himself and behaving normally. The only abnormal thing is that he wont eat. James is being kept updated by the Emergency Vets. At the moment everyone is at a loss as to why Mr B is refusing food. But at least he is in a place where medication can be administered if and when appropriate and fluids and syringe feeding can be ongoing.

Poor James is more than a little stressed as you can imagine.

It is possible that he just really misses Amanda. My bridge bunny Bun Buns stopped eating when we sent him to my sisters for vacation. The vet found nothing wrong. He didn't start eating on his own until we collected him and got back home. Isn't Amanda and Mr Bennett very close? She has been gone quite a while. I am sure that he can still smell her.

Barn Yard Bunnies
06-04-2012, 05:31 PM
It is possible that he just really misses Amanda. My bridge bunny Bun Buns stopped eating when we sent him to my sisters for vacation. The vet found nothing wrong. He didn't start eating on his own until we collected him and got back home. Isn't Amanda and Mr Bennett very close? She has been gone quite a while. I am sure that he can still smell her.

Thats so sweet. I wish that was true but Mr Bennett was so well for 2 and a half months. The vets found burrs on his teeth and that was the problem. James is on the phone so cannot get through to him.

Barn Yard Bunnies
07-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Mr Bennett is going down hill. :cry:

Tinsel
07-04-2012, 10:24 AM

Oh no! Sending mega-vibes for Mr Bennett :(

Jack's-Jane
07-04-2012, 11:25 AM

What has the Vet said ?

Alibunmum
07-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Mega, mega, mega vibes for Mr Bennett.

Mega, mega, mega hugs for you Amanda. xx

sparklefairy
07-04-2012, 11:40 AM
:cry: Thinking of you and Mr Bennet. I really hope he can pull through Xxx

Barn Yard Bunnies
07-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Thanks everyone. Doesn't make it any easier that no-one here understands. Mum is telling me to get over it. :roll: No understanding. My friend who I am staying with is having a party and I am holed up in a bedroom feeling miserable.

Jane, Mr Bennett is at the emergency vets. He is putting Mr Bennett on a drip. He isn't eating or pooing. Wants to do an xray but thinks Mr Bennett is too weak or not up to a GA. He said he isn't sure what is wrong, perhaps a possible blockage. I don't know what meds he is on.

Pebblesetc
07-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Loads of vibes for Mr Bennett xoxoxo

MimzMum
07-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Come on Mr. B, stay with us! (((((((((((((((((((((((((Healing vibes)))))))))))))))))))))))))
Hugs for you, BYB, I'm so sorry this is happening. :( Keeping prayers going that Mr. Bennett will improve.

yvette
07-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Oh My God!!!

Bunny Buddy
07-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Sending loads of vibes.

I hope whatever it is sorts itself out soon.

bunnytoes
07-04-2012, 02:36 PM
I am sending lots of finding out what is wrong with Mr Bennett vibes and vibes for you too.

Jenova
07-04-2012, 02:48 PM
*hugs*

I really hope he pulls through. :(

missFloppyears
07-04-2012, 02:59 PM
No not again :( Come on Mr B! :(

Barn Yard Bunnies
07-04-2012, 03:23 PM
James has been so upset about Mr Bennett he decided to go and visit him at the vets. :love: He really cares about Mr Bennett. I know that may sound funny but I know some partners are not supportive.

Anyway he said the vets decided not to give Mr Bennett a drip as he has pooed a little and eaten a small amount of food, plus they have been in contact with our vets twice.

So differcult as there are no obvious signs of cause. However, there have been no xrays or tests.

yvette
07-04-2012, 03:26 PM
James has been so upset about Mr Bennett he decided to go and visit him at the vets. :love: He really cares about Mr Bennett. I know that may sound funny but I know some partners are not supportive.

Anyway he said the vets decided not to give Mr Bennett a drip as he has pooed a little and eaten a small amount of food, plus they have been in contact with our vets twice.

So differcult as there are no obvious signs of cause. However, there have been no xrays or tests.

Didnt they say he was too weak to undergo a GA??

Hope he builds up a little strength for these tests.
Are they specialists?? Have they been in touch with a specialist?? Do they need to?? I dunno...Im worried about the boy....and you being so far away.....:(

Barn Yard Bunnies
07-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Didnt they say he was too weak to undergo a GA??

Hope he builds up a little strength for these tests.
Are they specialists?? Have they been in touch with a specialist?? Do they need to?? I dunno...Im worried about the boy....and you being so far away.....:(

Yvette I don't know. But if they spoke to our vets thats pretty close.

I think there has been alot of worry from James and what I would give permission for. I said go ahead with everything and James said ummm, the worst, but again he needs to make the decisions on advice from the vets.

luvabun
07-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Hi Amanda,

this is so hard for you with you being so far away and my heart goes out to James.

If it's any consolation, Bugsy went through a smilair situation and although he still isn't "right", he has survived and is getting slightly better each day. His guts are still clearly upset without us knowing what's wrong.

My thoughts are with you x

Barn Yard Bunnies
07-04-2012, 03:36 PM
Hi Amanda,

this is so hard for you with you being so far away and my heart goes out to James.

If it's any consolation, Bugsy went through a smilair situation and although he still isn't "right", he has survived and is getting slightly better each day. His guts are still clearly upset without us knowing what's wrong.

My thoughts are with you x

Thanks Jill. xxx

Jack's-Jane
07-04-2012, 03:37 PM

I still believe that the primary issue was gut stasis related to dental issues. Then stress added to the equation. His GI tract has just not got going again. I have seen this before. One of my Rabbits once went for 10 days of not eating for herself and barely pooing. In every other way she was perfectly 'well'. Eventually she just started eating again. To this day we have absolutely no idea what caused the anorexia. No clinical reason could be found. Having seen this scenario before I do remain optimistic that Mr B can get back to normal.

It is good that the OOH Vets have had contact with Laura and C.

Barn Yard Bunnies
07-04-2012, 03:39 PM
I still believe that the primary issue was gut stasis related to dental issues. Then stress added to the equation. His GI tract has just not got going again. I have seen this before. One of my Rabbits once went for 10 days of not eating for herself and barely pooing. In every other way she was perfectly 'well'. Eventually she just started eating again. To this day we have absolutely no idea what caused the anorexia. No clinical reason could be found. Having seen this scenario before I do remain optimistic that Mr B can get back to normal.

It is good that the OOH Vets have had contact with Laura and C.

Thanks, that is very reassuring. The one thing all the vets say is that he seems fine within himself. Its the clinical signs that has been a worry. I wonder if Mr Bennett picks up on James anxiety.

Barn Yard Bunnies
07-04-2012, 03:42 PM
PS I am going to bed now so hope the news is better tomorrow.

Jack's-Jane
07-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Thanks, that is very reassuring. The one thing all the vets say is that he seems fine within himself. Its the clinical signs that has been a worry. I wonder if Mr Bennett picks up on James anxiety.

I said this to James. Also, that Mr B was no doubt stressed by all the vet visits/stays. Then there is the fact that Mr B wanted to be with CP but she did not want to be with him or wanted to constantly dominate him. James did say that their relationship had been wobbly for some time. So it probably would not have taken much to break the bond.

With Rabbits stress really is a major contributory factor and it needs to be taken into account when deciding on diagnostics etc. There is not a one-size fits all.

I really do remain positive for Mr B

xx

helgalush
07-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Sorry to read this latest update but sounds like he is in good hands. Maybe it is just taking a bit of time to get back on track. I hope he is soon back on good form. Lots of vibes for Mr Bennett.

PS If he isnt well enough for a GA is it possible they can do an ultrasound without? That might show something possibly? I've no real idea, its just a suggestion.

MimzMum
07-04-2012, 10:43 PM
I hope that xrays could be done at least. Of course that requires a bun who'll hold still if there's no GA possible. :(
Just going to keep those healing vibes going. I am glad to hear he is still plugging away. :)
((((((((((((((((((((((((Get well Mr. Bennett, please!))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Barn Yard Bunnies
08-04-2012, 01:12 AM
Sorry to read this latest update but sounds like he is in good hands. Maybe it is just taking a bit of time to get back on track. I hope he is soon back on good form. Lots of vibes for Mr Bennett.

PS If he isnt well enough for a GA is it possible they can do an ultrasound without? That might show something possibly? I've no real idea, its just a suggestion.

I didn't think about an ultrasound. Good idea.

Barn Yard Bunnies
08-04-2012, 01:13 AM
I hope that xrays could be done at least. Of course that requires a bun who'll hold still if there's no GA possible. :(
Just going to keep those healing vibes going. I am glad to hear he is still plugging away. :)
((((((((((((((((((((((((Get well Mr. Bennett, please!))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Many Thanks.

Barn Yard Bunnies
08-04-2012, 01:17 AM
We are linked up to Vetstoria emails from the vets.
http://www.vetstoria.com/pet/1247#/diary

This is Mr Bennetts ongoing concerns. :cry: So worried.

Alibunmum
08-04-2012, 04:07 AM
We are linked up to Vetstoria emails from the vets.
http://www.vetstoria.com/pet/1247#/diary

This is Mr Bennetts ongoing concerns. :cry: So worried.

I have sent a friend request so I can see his progress. What a hard time for you, ((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

Jack's-Jane
08-04-2012, 06:46 AM
How do you send a friend request ?

MimzMum
08-04-2012, 07:48 AM
I can't access the site, it's not allowed for the US. :(
Keeping vibes going for Mr. B. ((((((((((((((((((Healing vibes)))))))))))))))))

Alibunmum
08-04-2012, 08:23 AM
:wave::wave::wave:
How do you send a friend request ?

Click the link that BYB put which takes you to a login.
Login and it will go to Mr Bennett's page
At the left hand side, look down and there is an add friends button toclick.

Jack's-Jane
08-04-2012, 08:26 AM
:wave::wave::wave:

Click the link that BYB put which takes you to a login.
Login and it will go to Mr Bennett's page
At the left hand side, look down and there is an add friends button toclick.

Thank you :D

Barn Yard Bunnies
08-04-2012, 10:20 AM
No real change, they did a radiogram but haven't said what the results are. If you have any problem logging in I can send you our login details.

helgalush
08-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Keeping fingers crossed for Mr Bennett x

Barn Yard Bunnies
08-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Keeping fingers crossed for Mr Bennett x

Thanks. I really appreicate all the support. xxx

Barn Yard Bunnies
08-04-2012, 01:57 PM
James has spoken to the vet. The vet also did a head xray or radiograph, not sure which. He also got a 2nd opinion on the radiograph and both are clear.

The vets said they basically have no idea why Mr Bennetts temperature is like a yo-yo. He has no idea what is wrong.

At the moment he is pooing normally, eating a bit and temperature stable. He is staying another night.

Really none of us know what to do.

Jack's-Jane
08-04-2012, 02:08 PM
James has spoken to the vet. The vet also did a head xray or radiograph, not sure which. He also got a 2nd opinion on the radiograph and both are clear.

The vets said they basically have no idea why Mr Bennetts temperature is like a yo-yo. He has no idea what is wrong.

At the moment he is pooing normally, eating a bit and temperature stable. He is staying another night.

Really none of us know what to do.

Have they run a blood profile ? I am thinking Liver Function ??

I still cant log into the Vet Site

Barn Yard Bunnies
08-04-2012, 02:11 PM

James doesn't think they have done any bloods. I did ask.

Will send you the details.

Alibunmum
08-04-2012, 02:15 PM

I can't either.

Amanda, you really need to go with what the vet says, it is a hard situation.:(:(:(

Barn Yard Bunnies
08-04-2012, 02:19 PM
I can't either.

Amanda, you really need to go with what the vet says, it is a hard situation.:(:(:(

Send you the details too.

Vet honestly doesn't know what to do next. He said in vet medicine they learn so much about cats and dogs and its quite advanced now, but they really don't know as much about rabbits. He is trying.

Jack's-Jane
08-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Ah, so it's intermittent hyPERthermia, I thought you said intermittent hyPOthermia

I am assuming he is on antibiotics ? I think James said he had been on Baytril.

Barn Yard Bunnies
08-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Ah, so it's intermittent hyPERthermia, I thought you said intermittent hyPOthermia

I am assuming he is on antibiotics ? I think James said he had been on Baytril.

Oh god, I don't know. I unfortunately don't know the difference. I don't know about the antibiotics either. I will try to phone the vets now.

Hugo's There
08-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Oh god, I don't know. I unfortunately don't know the difference. I don't know about the antibiotics either. I will try to phone the vets now.

Hyperthermia is a high temp indicating a possible infection, hypothermia is a low temp.

Sorry I haven't read the whole thread, but we had a bunny with hyperthermia and on an off eating, all tests came back clear. In the end we all came to the conclusion it was neurological. Even a PM didn't reveal a cause :( Not much help I'm afraid xx

Barn Yard Bunnies
08-04-2012, 03:04 PM
Hyperthermia is a high temp indicating a possible infection, hypothermia is a low temp.

Sorry I haven't read the whole thread, but we had a bunny with hyperthermia and on an off eating, all tests came back clear. In the end we all came to the conclusion it was neurological. Even a PM didn't reveal a cause :( Not much help I'm afraid xx

Was he ok in the end ?

Hugo's There
08-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Was he ok in the end ?

Sadly no, after 10 days of him not responding to any meds we all agreed to call it a day, he was only a little nethie and he had problems/deformities before he got sick. I just mentioned it as its the only time we have come across a high temp with out a cause and didn;t respond to antibiotics. I was just thinking that if no other cause was found then may be it might be worth treating with panacur :? I was just clutching at straws for you xxx

Barn Yard Bunnies
08-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Sadly no, after 10 days of him not responding to any meds we all agreed to call it a day, he was only a little nethie and he had problems/deformities before he got sick. I just mentioned it as its the only time we have come across a high temp with out a cause and didn;t respond to antibiotics. I was just thinking that if no other cause was found then may be it might be worth treating with panacur :? I was just clutching at straws for you xxx

Poor little boy. I really hope they can do something for Mr Bennett.

Tried ringing the vets 3 times but goes to a message saying they are busy. Its late here, 12.41 am so need to go to sleep.

Jack's-Jane
08-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Was he ok in the end ?

Amanda, Mr B does appear to be responding to whatever they are treating him with. He has started pooing and eating again. His temperature has come down. I know it is so upsetting for you being so far away, but try to focus on the improvements and not on the 'what could happens'. I really do understand how hard it is not to allow the mind to run away with all the 'worst case scenarios'. I do it myself often enough.

Mr B has a good chance of recovery from whatever is wrong. He is receiving 24/7 Vet care and he has a fighting spirit himself.

helgalush
08-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Yes I agree with Jane, Mr Bennett is hanging in there and is certainly a little fighter. It must be awful being so far away from it all but he is in the best possible hands. Focus on the positives as Jane said. Hugs & more vibes coming from us xx

Hugo's There
08-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Poor little boy. I really hope they can do something for Mr Bennett.

Tried ringing the vets 3 times but goes to a message saying they are busy. Its late here, 12.41 am so need to go to sleep.

I am sure he will be fine, I wasn't implying otherwise :D I was just suggesting that if no obvious cause could be found then in our past experience neurological issues can cause a range of strange symptoms that you wouldn't normally think to associate with a neurological problem such as a high temperature.

thinking of you both x

Jenova
08-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Just sending more vibes. x

Kittykat23uk
08-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Sending loads of vibes for Mr Bennett

Barn Yard Bunnies
09-04-2012, 12:41 AM
Thank you everyone. Nice to see you KittyKat.

Lastest update says some slight improvements, but Mr Bennetts temperature still tends to go up and down but not so often. So weird.

gillmanning
09-04-2012, 11:44 AM
:wave: Hi Amanda - I'm so sorry I've only just managed to catch up with the news of Mr Bennett. I've just read the thread and really do feel for you, being so far away. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help, which vets is he at. Big hugs to you and vibes for Mr Bennett, he's such a gorgeous boy :( x

Jack's-Jane
09-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Thank you everyone. Nice to see you KittyKat.

Lastest update says some slight improvements, but Mr Bennetts temperature still tends to go up and down but not so often. So weird.

Hopefully the improvement will now continue xx

Barn Yard Bunnies
09-04-2012, 11:49 AM
:wave: Hi Amanda - I'm so sorry I've only just managed to catch up with the news of Mr Bennett. I've just read the thread and really do feel for you, being so far away. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help, which vets is he at. Big hugs to you and vibes for Mr Bennett, he's such a gorgeous boy :( x

Thanks Gill

Normally Mr Bennett is at Twickenham Vets but twice he has had to go to the emergency vets, so at NKR the emergency vets.

Jack's-Jane
09-04-2012, 03:31 PM
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?337456-Mr-Bennett...James-rang-me...&p=5329878#post5329878

:D

Barn Yard Bunnies
10-04-2012, 03:10 AM
Thank you all so much for your support, it has been a very stressful week. I really hope Mr Bennett makes a full recovery.

None of us are any the wiser to what is/was wrong with him. Haven't had an update for 14 hours so hope he is fine at home. Need to wait at least another 5 hours until it is morning in the UK.

Jenova
10-04-2012, 03:21 AM
I really hope he picks up.

Alibunmum
10-04-2012, 04:09 AM
I really hope that he is happily munching at home.

Barn Yard Bunnies
10-04-2012, 04:12 AM
I really hope he picks up.

I really hope that he is happily munching at home.

Thanks.

You 2 are up very late tonight.

Alibunmum
10-04-2012, 04:14 AM
Thanks.

You 2 are up very late tonight.

Yup, I have done too much today and am now suffering! Did the kitchen floor really need scrubbed?:lol::lol:

helgalush
10-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Great news that he is home! :D

Barn Yard Bunnies
10-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Yup, I have done too much today and am now suffering! Did the kitchen floor really need scrubbed?:lol::lol:

Scrubber :shock:

Great news that he is home! :D

Thanks Helen.

Spoke to James a few hours ago. Mr Bennett seems fine. Happy and grooming. Still not eating as he used to but eating.

Cutie-pie is now in the other bedroom so hopefully he is stress free.