• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mist and Puffin ** Update - We have grooming! - new picture***

Isabel

Warren Veteran
I thought this would be easy! I forgot how challenging bonding can be. Taking too happy bunnies and throwing them together to see what happens. Well, if you've seen any of my other recent posts about the bunnies you will know that they have had a sniff through the run bars and seemed to be quite accepting of each other.

The bonding session started quite strangely they didn't seem bothered about each other and were happy to sit near each other.

P1030577.jpg

Puffin is the Harlequin. Mist is the grey one.

And happy to eat together! After a couple of hours of this it kicked off with the usual chasing and fur pullling :roll:
P1030575.jpg

I took them for a drive in the afternoon which improved things and they are now in the new hutch which is completely neutral as it was just put up yesterday. Puffin hides behind Mist on occasion so I think they will be ok. Mist seems to be taking the opportunity to be the dominant one. The o/h has to keep reminding me that Barney and Roxy started off like this (in fact they were much worse and much harder to bond) and are now the most loved up buns you've ever seen.

Will put up more pictures soon.

:D

Last edited:
Very best wishes to them. Hopefully this is a happy couple in the making. :love:

I'll be looking out for more photos and updates. :wave:

Wooo hoooo!

Just as I was getting worried that I'd done it all wrong and they would never get on I glance out the kitchen window to see Mist grooming Puffin :)

P1030585.jpg

Lovely! :D:love::thumb:

I remember the story of the bird bunnies well from last year, so it is lovely to see Puffin landing so lucky.

Yes I didn't know about them until recently. Mist has been chasing Puffin again :( off for another drive.

Yeah I think she does. He's not putting up any sort of fight so I think the position of top rabbit is hers. She just needs to chill out a bit. Sure they'll be ok. :D

After a bit of a bumpy weekend they seem to have slowly grown closer and today we spotted Puffin frantically grooming Mist :love::love::love::love: Looks like we're bonded :D

Great news! :D

I was reading about the bird bunnies rescue in the new issue of Bunny Mad Magazine today.

Great news! :D

I was reading about the bird bunnies rescue in the new issue of Bunny Mad Magazine today.

No way! How do I get a copy of that? I know a bit about itall but would be interesting to read.

When I went out this morning they were snuggled together :love::love:

Will post more pictures this weekend Jill :)

No way! How do I get a copy of that? I know a bit about itall but would be interesting to read.

When I went out this morning they were snuggled together :love::love:

Will post more pictures this weekend Jill :)

Look in the 'Items for Sale' section or you can buy the magazine from Bunny Creations website or The Hay Experts. :wave:

Back