• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Something has moved the run overnight, any idea what it could be?

FriskyClover

Warren Veteran
As above really. Went out to check the bunnies at 10pm last night (they're in a shed) and the 'big run' as I call it (metal panels with no cover on grass, not the attached run that has a roof and is on slabs) was in it's usual position.

This morning, I looked out and it looked as if something had pushed in a side of the run:shock:! The metal panels are light enough for the rabbits to push about a bit but they had been moved inwards quite a bit (clearly from outside the run).

I checked the bunnies and they were fine, eating and didn't seem upset (which I think if a fox had been prowling, they would have been). At night, they don't have outside access but they are out all day in the 'big run' if there is someone in the house.

Could a hedgehog have moved the run? Are they that strong?

Hedgehogs can be quite big and quite strong and they're good at shoving stuff with their snouts. I would think if a rabbit can move it so could a hog.

Could have been a cat, fox anything really. If the scare doesn't kill them or send them into stasis rabbits usually recover quite quickly. I would make sure they are doubly secure at night and also secure during the day.

Thanks for the reply. They are locked into a shed at night and the run attached to the shed is pretty secure (it is locked, bolted and on slabs). I will keep an eye on them though and if it is moved again I will investigate further.

I think I'll keep my window open too tonight, just in case I hear anything. It is a worry though:(

Back