• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Argh urgent vaccs question

Lib_n_bunny

Wise Old Thumper
I am sooo stupid! We are going away next week and Beau is going in boarding, he needs his vaccs and I thought that was fine cos they're due this month anyway - just realised you're meant to leave a couple of weeks between myxi and VHD. Will they be able to do both at once? :?

no the myxi and vhd need to be done 2 weeks apart, unless your vet has the combined vaccination in now, you could do that :wave:

I don't they could/should do both at once, but some vets are using a combined vaccination now. Worth chacking out. :wave:

I am sooo stupid! We are going away next week and Beau is going in boarding, he needs his vaccs and I thought that was fine cos they're due this month anyway - just realised you're meant to leave a couple of weeks between myxi and VHD. Will they be able to do both at once? :?

There is a new vaccination coming out that is actually both in one. I would ring your vet and see if they have it in yet.
The separate ones do need two weeks between as far as I know.

no the myxi and vhd need to be done 2 weeks apart, unless your vet has the combined vaccination in now, you could do that :wave:

Thanks Lisa! I am such a doofus! I just kept thinking 'oh I'll deal with it in the holidays', just have to cross everything that our vet has the combined one.

Hiya! Foxhall's isn't using it yet, but she might get it in for you? worth asking.
How is the Beau monster?

Back