• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A little update on Basil and Hilary

UrbanBunny

Warren Scout
I was just catching up on some posts and realised I hadn't really posted since Basil was ill with suspected E. Cuniculi in September. If you didn't see that post, he was very poorly, had lost a significant percentage of his bodyweight and one vet advised me to have him PTS. We sought a second opinion with a more rabbit-savvy vet in Essex who made the diagnosis of suspected E. Cuniculi. After a couple of weeks of wormer, vitamins, probiotics and a lot of food, Basil started gaining weight and looking much healthier. His kidney function has returned to normal and he's now gained almost 700g since diagnosis. As you can see, he's pretty happy about it - and Hilary is glad to have her personal groomer/assistant/guard/dogsbody back in action.

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

Thanks to those who offered advice regarding E. Cuniculi and weight gain, it is very much appreciated!! x

Back