• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Martha's Mansion (hammy)

ChloeBunny

Warren Scout
After weeks and weeks we finally decided that Martha wasn't using her running wheel much if at all so as we had a spare corner cage we thought we'd hammyfy (?) it so she could have more room to run around :)

A trip to wickes for mesh and cable ties and a few hours later she now has her own mansion.....

IMG-20120331-00190.jpg

Oh....we attached her wheel inside just in case and she's been using it loads just in the last 20 minutes :roll: typical :lol:

Very lucky hammy.

Just a question, when you cut the mesh did it have sharp edges? I had a nightmare with mine and am interested as to how other people do it incase I ever need to do it again. I spend hours and hours with a metal nail file last time :?

Very lucky hammy.

Just a question, when you cut the mesh did it have sharp edges? I had a nightmare with mine and am interested as to how other people do it incase I ever need to do it again. I spend hours and hours with a metal nail file last time :?

Hi yes the edges were very sharp :( I have plasters on 3 fingers to prove it :cry: The edges that are around the door in the roof we've covered with gaffer tape, the rest of the edges around the top have been cut very short and in some places bent over, still some sharp bits that are on the outside so Martha cant get hurt but still working out how to get the rest of them off....a file is a good idea :thumb:

Hi yes the edges were very sharp :( I have plasters on 3 fingers to prove it :cry: The edges that are around the door in the roof we've covered with gaffer tape, the rest of the edges around the top have been cut very short and in some places bent over, still some sharp bits that are on the outside so Martha cant get hurt but still working out how to get the rest of them off....a file is a good idea :thumb:

Ahhh I see, no magic answer then :?. I have used gaffer tape also. Nightmare isn't it. The files took FOREVER, I thought the cage would never be ready. I am extra paranoid though.

I have a cat called Martha :love:

Back