• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D All the kittens and mum cat are rehomed

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
After we scattered Grans ashes on Friday evening, on the way home my 2 aunts, uncle, mum and I came across a mother cat hiding with her kittens. Mum is super friendly.

Went back with food and water today and to ask the owner of the house if they were theirs. No. Looks like mother cat was dumped.

Anyway as such a large front garden and the kittens won't come near us, guessing 4 to 5 weeks, hoping to catch and have at my aunts. Then get mum spayed and then all rehomed.

DSC01652.jpg

DSC01639.jpg

DSC01643.jpg

DSC01635.jpg
DSC01636.jpg

DSC01650.jpg

DSC01641.jpg

Last edited:
:love: Good on you.

Bear in mind the kitties may be part feral so may not have the nice nature of mum. I do think, though, that we will need to see photos of them as they grow up :D

:love: Good on you.

Bear in mind the kitties may be part feral so may not have the nice nature of mum. I do think, though, that we will need to see photos of them as they grow up :D

It was the weirdest thing today. The kittens will never come up to us. The mother cat made this meow noise and the 5 came out. All of them at once. The little kitten with the patch on her face was the only one that eventually came up to me. My aunt figured out it was the string part of the camera that attracted him/her.

My mum has a friend in a cat rescue scheme and she will help.

Well done for rescuing them they are gorgeous :thumb:

Thank you. We haven't actually caught them yet as the kittens are so nervous. Yesterday we thought there were only 4 kittens, but today saw 5. Would have been awful if we did catch them late yesterday. Need to get my mums friend involved.

Are the kittens noses dirty or just patterened? :wave: Just a little worried about catflu or something :wave:

They're gorgeous, good luck! :D

Are the kittens noses dirty or just patterened? :wave: Just a little worried about catflu or something :wave:

They're gorgeous, good luck! :D

I really don't know. Never could get that close so used the zoom. Definately get mum to phone her friend 1st thing. Its late here now.

The kittens and mum seem healthy but a bit thin. Such a problem over in Oz, not too many rescues. :(

:love::love:
They are gorgeous! Perhaps the owner didn't want realise the mum was pregnant and didn't want them anymore? :(
And a note on the kittens, we adopted 2 feral kittens when a feral cat moved into the stables we keep out horses at and gave birth. The one we still have now wouldn't let us near her at all, but we build it up slowly with her and now almost four years on, she is asleep next to me on my bed :D We never expected her to be as friendly with humans as she is now. She is nervous of strangers, but with the family she's fine.

I hope you can catch them all!
Maybe go back a few hours later to see if you can hear any miaowing in case there are more hidden?

:love::love:
They are gorgeous! Perhaps the owner didn't want realise the mum was pregnant and didn't want them anymore? :(
And a note on the kittens, we adopted 2 feral kittens when a feral cat moved into the stables we keep out horses at and gave birth. The one we still have now wouldn't let us near her at all, but we build it up slowly with her and now almost four years on, she is asleep next to me on my bed :D We never expected her to be as friendly with humans as she is now. She is nervous of strangers, but with the family she's fine.

Thats great.

I hope you can catch them all!
Maybe go back a few hours later to see if you can hear any miaowing in case there are more hidden?

Pitch black here now. Mum and my aunt will be going back a few times tomorrow.

Oh how precious :love: They look quite young so I imagine with a lot of attention they won't be very skittish when they're older. Plus it helps that the mom is very tame.

It's lovely to think that with all you have had going on and that although you are so far from home that you are still trying to help animals.

Good on you!

Good luck to all the lovely kitties xx

Sorry I haven't updated. Mum and my aunt are collecting some pet carriers at the vets about now. (Its 9.30 in the morning here). Then they are going to take them back to my aunts house and put them all in what was my Gran's flat in the living room. They want to spend a few days with them.

My mum has a friend here who helps rescue and rehome feral and abandoned cats and will arrange for them to be rehomed. I assume this can't be done for at least a month as the kittens are so young.

I will give my mum a call in about an hour. I was going to go over to help but they said they were going first thing this morning.

Back