• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neighbours have a rabbit...UD*rescue help?*

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
That they no longer want.
same old story mother bought a rex rabbit for the kids and then they grew bored.
:roll:

leading to "you can have it.."

I cant justify taking on another rabbit i can not do it.. (how manytimes have i said this??)

He looks asthough he has weepy eyes (possible dental?)
hes struggling with his moult.

i dont know what to do.:cry:

Last edited:
Contact the rescue you foster for? contact other rescues around? Maybe give her the tools to help herself, such as coming on here?

poor bunny makes you feel sad watching the poor thing knowin it's not well or being looked after 

ive tried helping all i can, hes already on burgess, although i have told them all the info i can and printed of numerous care sheets etc, i dont think they seem to care. they just want me to take him.

They dont give him hay as he wont eat it and he wees all over it, and now their is talk of releasing him into the fields out back:shock::shock::cry:

i have space for the big boy in the shed as i had to stop fostering not long ago, but i dont have the money for dentals, as all savings i have are tied up in my current bunnies dentals etc..

:cry:
hes a lovely a big rex x lop.
im off round to trim his claws and brish his fur which looked very dandruffy, so ill be ivermecing him too.

U could clean his eyes with some cooled boiled water and try just keep them as clean as possible till heh finds a new home.
He could just have a wee simple eye infection and require some ointment.
What about putting a hay rack up to stop him weeing on the hay?

Poor wee soul. :(
Don't beat Yourself up about not being able to take him.
At least u are looking after him and making sure he is ok.
Can't stand it when people take bunnies for their kids. I have bunnies...an children but they are mine and I look after them. The kids get to fill water bottles and put food in and give them cuddles but I am there carer.

Is there anyway you can keep him till you contact a rescue.
Or is there anyone nearby to possibly take him?
It's an awful though him roaming about free as a cat dog or fox could get him, or even he might get hit by a car :(

I would love to help out but I live in Glasgow. :(
I really wish I could help, he sounds a wee gem.
What about taking him to the RSPCA?
Have u tried looking for a local rescue?

the only problem is if i take him in the rescues wont touch him as im showing willing to look after him.
as far as i can see i think he is back in the shed(with the lawnmower etc..)

Back