• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it normal...

catxx

Mama Doe
For rabbits to take themselves in and wait for their dinner? I'm away from home and my OH is looking after the buns and just text saying its a very useful trait haha! He let them out about 40 minutes ago around the garden, they decide they've had enough, take themselves inside and sit on their blanket looking at you waiting for their dinner to be delivered. I very rarely have to herd them in :lol::lol:

Yep, and god help you if you are late :shock: :lol: :lol:

:lol: at that point they run out of their run and come looking for me and sit at my feet wondering where dinner is! usually only one of them does this, as if the other has sent them to find out what the hold-up is :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: at that point they run out of their run and come looking for me and sit at my feet wondering where dinner is! usually only one of them does this, as if the other has sent them to find out what the hold-up is :lol::lol::lol:

There will be letters of complaint next !!! :lol:

I bet they'll be muttering 'pfft, just cant get the staff these days'............. :roll:

:lol:

There will be letters of complaint next !!! :lol:

I bet they'll be muttering 'pfft, just cant get the staff these days'............. :roll:

:lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if I got a letter with little paw prints of disapproval on it to be honest haha!

:lol::love:

Yeah mine do usually too....BUT I was away for a few days and OH was looking after mine and oh dear! He decided to let them have their free range time out in the garden and ended up chasing them trying to herd them back, then one of the girls got out as OH forgot to latch the door and there was a scuffle between the girls - so OH managed to scoop one of them up and put her back. Then the other girl didnt know how to get in her run as she usually hops into the hutches....so he ended up chasing her all about the garden - she went uner the decking and the shed and hid in the shrubs!:roll::lol: He eventually managed to get her to hop into the carrier!:lol:

I come home and hear all this, there is hay every where...even more so than usual! All bits trailed up stairs and a bit in the bed!:lol:

I think the buns were very happy to see me home...though they were abit mischievious when telling them free range garden time was over and I had to do some chasing...:roll::lol: I will get their routine back asap Im thinking!:lol:

Lola definitely does, she sits with her chin over her empty bowl :lol: other times she shreds newspaper into tiny pieces and fills the bowl with it :D

Life would be much easier for me if Spenser was a more food-orientated rabbit. He will always favour mischief, or being somewhere he shouldn't, above food. ;):roll::lol:

Life would be much easier for me if Spenser was a more food-orientated rabbit. He will always favour mischief, or being somewhere he shouldn't, above food. ;):roll::lol:

Be careful what you wish for. Julie gets herself in a heap of trouble trying to figure out how to get food. She scampers in the pantry and hides, hops into the frig as soon as it is opened. Tries to climb into any food bags or boxes that she can get too........even though they are small and she is big so she gets stuck. She will spend hours skimming how to get the pellet bucket or tear the shopping bags apart while we are trying to unload from a big trip. She can snap up dropped food in a split second and nibbles and scratches feet while someone is cooking so you drop food.

Be careful what you wish for. Julie gets herself in a heap of trouble trying to figure out how to get food. She scampers in the pantry and hides, hops into the frig as soon as it is opened. Tries to climb into any food bags or boxes that she can get too........even though they are small and she is big so she gets stuck. She will spend hours skimming how to get the pellet bucket or tear the shopping bags apart while we are trying to unload from a big trip. She can snap up dropped food in a split second and nibbles and scratches feet while someone is cooking so you drop food.

:shock::shock::shock:

She likes her noms! Does she go after your food too?

Back