• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sir Wellington has entered the building!

wildchild91

Young Bun
:D Very very happy! Mollie is absolutely fine after her little gooey eye scare on wednesday...I think whats likely happened is shes been sat in a draft or shes poked herself in the eye with something and its just made it a bit wet...So decided to risk it for a biscuit, and go collect her new husband from the RSPCA!!! :D

Sir Welly is currently laid out in his new hutch, with a surprisingly curious Mollie, watching him from her side of the fence, I didnt expect her to show any interest for a good while, and to be honest I expected her to be quite nervous, but she seems pretty curious about this new, giant, gleaming white suitor! Fingers crossed this is a sign of good bonding things to come!:love:

Got some past info on him too, apparently he was a stud rabbit with his own little harem so at least I know he'l be used to grumpy ladies ;)

To say hes never really been in a home/hutch environment hes doing rather well, I've got the garage doors open so its nice and cool and theres lots of air circulating but hes shut in his hutch so he doesnt panic and go get himself crammed somewhere he shouldnt...Just been to check on him again now and hes flumped out across the side of the hutch, surveying his new home so he seems pretty confident in himself!

Pictures to follow!

ok36nq.jpg

25ovxy0.jpg

These are from last night! :love:

Unfortunately this morning, I shut Mollie in her hutch and let Wellington loose, I opened her run as well so he could get in there and have a sniff around and unfortunately when he went up to her hutch, she started trying to bite & scrabble at him through the bars...Not exactly the best reaction but it is very early days, Mollies hutch belongs to her and she dislikes being shut in it at the best of times so I can understand how she mgiht feel a bit threatened if she thinks shes trapped in there....

The good thing though, is that while Mollie was trying to instigate a fight, Wellington just stood there looking at her like "oh...whats eating you?" he didnt spook away from her but he didnt retaliate, he just kind of stood there like, "do grow up woman!"

Fingers crossed!

Back