• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This is getting rediculous now :(

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
Timmys eye, AGAIN. For those who dont know he has recurring Uveitis in his right eye. This is the sixth time its flared up now, last time was just under a month ago :(

It clears up well with treatment but Im starting to worry now :(

Oh no, poor boy! Has the vet suggested what could be causing this to reappear so frequently?

Thanks Ali. He hast suggested a cause as such but has said that when theyve had it once it is inclined to reoccur. When I chat to him today (hoping I wont actually have to take Timmy in this time) I might speak to him about further tests. Although Ive no idea what??
Hes moulting at the moment so I half expected it to flare up. Poor lads not himself today :(

How long is he on treatment for ?

My Murphy who had an EC induced Uveitis remained on daily Maxitrol for about 6 months. He was then weaned off it and apart from one relapse he has not required treatment for that problem for about a year. However, he has lots of other unrelated problems now including cancer :cry:
So I dont know if the injected steroids he is on as part of his palliative care is keeping the inflammation causing uveitis at bay :?

How long is he on treatment for ?

My Murphy who had an EC induced Uveitis remained on daily Maxitrol for about 6 months. He was then weaned off it and apart from one relapse he has not required treatment for that problem for about a year. However, he has lots of other unrelated problems now including cancer :cry:
So I dont know if the injected steroids he is on as part of his palliative care is keeping the inflammation causing uveitis at bay :?

Poor Murphy :(

Timmy is being treated with Fradexam (sp) Eye ointment which I believe is a steroid and antibiotic? Each time he has had it for a week, by which point his eye seems totally back to normal. Might speak to my vet about a prolonged course? Only problem with this is that the ointment is quite thick and claggy and has on occasion irritated the skin and fur around his eye.

Do you mind me asking what uveitis is? And what does it look like?

With Timmy it starts with the edges of his pupil appearing to blur with his iris, presumably due to the inflammation. His pupil then gets progressively smaller and his iris appears lighter in colour. The white of his eye becomes very bloodshot. Usually the first thing I notice is him being slightly 'off'. If he doesnt wake me up in the morning by jumping on my bed, alarm bells ring :(

Back