• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aubrey ever attentive as Ondine recovers from her eye injury.

KB

Mama Doe
IMG_0493.jpg

Aubs is being a dutiful husbun as Ondine's eye heals.
Unsure as to how it happened & she seems unfazed by it but quite worrying when I first saw it.
She was whisked off to the vet, cleaned up, ab's, pain relief fluorescent dye etc.
She has no damage to the eye itself, just a small tear to her upper lid.
In view of her age & the fact that she had a GA two weeks ago we elected to see how things heal over the next few days, rather than anaesthetise her for one or two stitches.
She has eye drops & her usual Metacam (she has an arthritic spine) & things seem to progressing well....even if it looks nasty in the pic.
I am keeping a very close watch on things.
So all paws crossed here.
She is a lovely rabbit & they make such a character couple.
I'm not sure I will get her through winter though as she does have mobility issues now.
Have decided that while she seems content & enjoying the warm autumn days we will keep on keeping on & just see what the days bring.

She is a gorgeous big bunny and he is so dainty and adorable . They are funny/cute together. An odd couple. :love::love::love: Hope that her eye heals.

Back