• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I posted this in introductions but thought I should move it here :)

sinead

New Kit
Hi everyone! Thought I would introduce myself, my names Sinead and I have just got my first bunny he is adorable! His name is Russell and he is crossed Rex/Netherland, white all over with brown markings. I have wanted one for quite a while but took my time, researched it and made sure it was the right decision for my bunny... I thought as I am a novice I should join a forum and bug all you experts with my endless questions!!
Russell is a house bunny btw. I've been given some conflicting info, some of the things I've read and the pet shops I've spoke to said I should leave Russ in his cage for 24 hours before letting him explore the rest of his new home, but the shop I got him from said to leave him for 2 weeks?! What would you all recommend?
I would appreciate any advice!

:wave::wave: welcome to the forum you will easily get addicted like me :oops:
i would say that leaving him in a cage for 2 weeks is wrong he needs exercise and to be able to get used to his surroundings

Haha I'm sure I will!
That's what me and my partner were thinking... how long would you suggest, 24 hours?

im not sure if im right because my buns are outdoors ones but i would say that you should leave his cage door open and let him explore in his own time
but make sure the room is bunny proof

Last edited:
Yeah I think thats what I will do, surely he will just come out when he is ready.. Thanks for the advice :thumb: I will post back to let you know how its going

Back