• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bunny's had a lovely afternoon I bet!!

LainiT

Warren Scout
Ha! I left the house at 3 this afternoon to fetch the kids, went to a park on the way back, just returned and found Ellie has had the run of the WHOLE house while I've been gone. She normally free ranges in the kitchen but at some point I've shut her OUT of the kitchen and so she's had a lovely time in our absence!!

Damage found so far; a chewed rubber and a chewed glue spreader...there will be more I have no doubt but at the moment she's back in the kitchen looking rather pleased with herself!! Bunnies eh!!:roll:

Lucky for her that you locked her in a fun big space to play. I have accidentally locked Julie in a closet before. I franticly searched the house for her. The OH opened the closet and she was just sitting there with a look as if to say "What?'

:lol::lol: I bet she had the time of her life destroying all your stuff! Similar stuff has happened with us on two occasions. Back when Milky and Honey were bonded, they free-ranged the ground floor landing, but they weren't allowed in any of the rooms because they weren't bunny-proof. I went downstairs in the evening to feed them and cuddle them goodnight and I couldn't find Honey anywhere. My brother's room is also on the ground floor, so I banged on his door frantically and woke him up to ask him if he'd seen her etc, and when the door opened, Honey zoomed out from underneath his bed :roll: Luckily she wasn't in there for more than 10 minutes, but my brother had NO idea he had let her in! Proves how Houdini-like she is, seeing as she's not exactly the smallest bunny in the world!

A second time this happened was while Honey bun was staying in my room. While I was either at uni or asleep, I would section off part of my room (the part with my bed in it) since I have lots of books and other bunny-shreddable things stored in that part of the room and underneath the bed. I got home from class one day and couldn't see her anywhere but I could just hear paper being shredded and chewed up. Looked under the bed and there madam was. Surrounded by the torn bits and pieces of my wonderful books. Luckily for her, she hadn't actually eaten the bits, just ripped it apart :p

Eee eck! Glad I'm not the only one!!

Well we now have one HUUUUUUGE hole in the full length living room curtains and countless little ones! Several chewed boxes, she'd had a whale of a time in the room where we keep all the kids toys, I'll let them find the evidence as and when they work their way through!

I never liked the curtains anyway...wonder if I'm insured for rabbit damage !!:lol:

Boris used to live in the kitchen when he was little and escaped one day when nobody was home, I came back from school to find him sitting on the sofa looking very pleased! :shock::lol: As soon as he saw me however he knew he was in big trouble and ran straight back to his cage :lol: Upon further investigation is became obvious to me that he had been in every single room of the flat; several plants had been nibbled :)shock:), there was poo everywhere and my desk was a mess as he had somehow managed to jump on it and knock all my stuff over! He must have had an amazing time :lol:

Boris used to live in the kitchen when he was little and escaped one day when nobody was home, I came back from school to find him sitting on the sofa looking very pleased! :shock::lol: As soon as he saw me however he knew he was in big trouble and ran straight back to his cage :lol: Upon further investigation is became obvious to me that he had been in every single room of the flat; several plants had been nibbled :)shock:), there was poo everywhere and my desk was a mess as he had somehow managed to jump on it and knock all my stuff over! He must have had an amazing time :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thats very funny! Yeah Ellie knew she was in serious bother, she scarpered faster than I've ever seen her run and hid under my daughter's play kitchen!

Boy that sounds like a lot of damage. You seem to be taking it well. :wave: Julie could escape her room, the kitchen before we bought the baby gate. The kitchen has double doors that she would stand up on 2 feet and bang on. We would put a chair in back of the doors when we went to bed as that is when she would escape. One night she managed to bang so hard as to knock over the chair. She is a strong good size rabbit. We had carpet so didn't hear the chair fall. OH got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and put his foot on her. She was laying on the floor next to his side of the bed. He picked her up and returned her. She had ate a huge hole through the carpet and pad down to the concrete floor. We ended up throwing an area rug over the huge hole until we replaced the carpet with hard floors.

Haha oh yeah, that was the first thing I did! TV, Sky, check the laptop charger and then on to the pc...!! She can chew my curtains, demolish my boxes but if she dare touch the Sky cables...!!!!

Phew, that is always the most expensive items too. My curtains are ruined too, by bunnies.:lol:

Boy that sounds like a lot of damage. You seem to be taking it well. :wave: Julie could escape her room, the kitchen before we bought the baby gate. The kitchen has double doors that she would stand up on 2 feet and bang on. We would put a chair in back of the doors when we went to bed as that is when she would escape. One night she managed to bang so hard as to knock over the chair. She is a strong good size rabbit. We had carpet so didn't hear the chair fall. OH got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and put his foot on her. She was laying on the floor next to his side of the bed. He picked her up and returned her. She had ate a huge hole through the carpet and pad down to the concrete floor. We ended up throwing an area rug over the huge hole until we replaced the carpet with hard floors.

Blimey...and you say I'm taking it well??! Thats way worse than our damage, least you can't see our holes til the curtains are closed...luckily summer is coming so they'll be open a fair bit more!

and Barn Yard Bunnies - what is it about curtains that they love (or hate!) so much I wonder!!

Biscuit has destroyed 2x stairs worth of carpet. Dug a hole in the carpet in the living room, chewed through a curtain, demolished one side of our sofa, Ginger's chewed a door edge so you can see chunks missing.

The joys of a house rabbit :D

Lucky for her that you locked her in a fun big space to play. I have accidentally locked Julie in a closet before. I franticly searched the house for her. The OH opened the closet and she was just sitting there with a look as if to say "What?'

I did this to Max once. Lucky for him it was the cupboard where I store the hay so he was having a whale of a time :roll:

>_< my friend accidenly left her giant buns room door open and popped to the shop she came back to a state..... >_<

curtains damaged, sofa ripped, carpet pulled up and wall paper pulled up and some off..... >_<

brambles was in trouble lol

:lol: Oh my word, I can't believe how much damage our little fur balls can do!! Stairs carpets, settees, wallpaper, curtains...isn't it funny how we wouldn't put up with this behaviour from the kids but the bunnies just get away with it!! :love: :love:

Wanted to warn you to watch out for the curtains with the big hole. There was a thread on here not too long ago where someone's bunny almost strangled himself. He had his head in a hole that he made in the curtain and wrapped it tight around his neck. The RU member struggled to save him. It sounded extremely scary and stressful.

Wanted to warn you to watch out for the curtains with the big hole. There was a thread on here not too long ago where someone's bunny almost strangled himself. He had his head in a hole that he made in the curtain and wrapped it tight around his neck. The RU member struggled to save him. It sounded extremely scary and stressful.

Never would have thought of that but it makes sense. Blimey, thanks for the warning. That must have been awful, I will be investigating and make it safe.

Thanks. x

Back