• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new hutch all ready

joeydoodle

Warren Scout
I've added these pics to Fluffers bonding vibes thread, but thought I'd add them here too :D

Just been finishing off the last bits to the new hutch this morning. Joey's been in it for a few weeks, but has only had access to the top so he's going to be very excited to come home to find a whole new level and run downstairs! :D Think he might struggle on the stairs though at first as they seem a lot steeper than his last ones!!

Just wanted to say a very big thank you (again) to Aunty Fluffers for finding and delivering (!!) the hutch for us :thumb: you have been amazing :D x

So here's some pics of it all cleaned up, sanded, painted and ready for the return of Joey and (fingers crossed) his lovely hunbun :love:

I will obviously need to do some weather proofing for next winter, but for now it's all ready for this spring and summer...

IMG_6128.jpg

Lino on the top floor with a carpet tile for snuggles (will remove this in the hot weather though)
IMG_6131.jpg

Dd wanted to call the hutch Rose Cottage so they have a little chalk door sign and I made them a personalised fleece blanket too for the bedroom :love:
IMG_6132.jpg

IMG_6130.jpg

so very excited!!

It looks fantastic! :D:thumb: I really wish I'd gone for something like that when starting out ... although of course Spenser is inside.

Hope it won't be too long before your fab new hutch is occupied. You must be really missing Joey. :love:

Copied from other thread :lol:

Oh my :love: How fabulous does that look :shock: Loving all the pretty accessories & the spotty fleece is just :love: You've put so much time and effort into it. Very lucky bunsters :love:

You're right - the ramp is very steep I'd be inclined to extend it by another foot and/or raise it a little (put a thick piece of wood or a couple of bricks under) at the base to lessen the steepness :thumb:

I'm sure I did this with mine *scratches head & tries to remember* :?

ETA: what have you put on the run roof? I can't see very well but it looks very neat & tidy!:thumb:

Do I spy a door in one end of the run? :D:D

Copied from other thread :lol:

Oh my :love: How fabulous does that look :shock: Loving all the pretty accessories & the spotty fleece is just :love: You've put so much time and effort into it. Very lucky bunsters :love:

You're right - the ramp is very steep I'd be inclined to extend it by another foot and/or raise it a little (put a thick piece of wood or a couple of bricks under) at the base to lessen the steepness :thumb:

I'm sure I did this with mine *scratches head & tries to remember* :?

ETA: what have you put on the run roof? I can't see very well but it looks very neat & tidy!:thumb:

Do I spy a door in one end of the run? :D:D

answered on other thread :lol:

It looks fantastic! :D:thumb: I really wish I'd gone for something like that when starting out ... although of course Spenser is inside.

Hope it won't be too long before your fab new hutch is occupied. You must be really missing Joey. :love:

thanks, yep really missing him :cry: but I know he's having a lovely time at Aunty Jill's :thumb:

Wow that looks so lovely and neat :love: I wish I had bought the hutch run combo first time around instead of just the hutch...But hey ho lol

Wow that looks so lovely and neat :love: I wish I had bought the hutch run combo first time around instead of just the hutch...But hey ho lol

yeah, it's a great size and seems to fit in our patio space perfectly :) plus he's still got his grass run too for play and nom time :D

Back