PDA

View Full Version : Dorothy making a nest

pinkyblare
29-03-2012, 11:55 AM
i have 4 bunnies two girls poppy and daisy whom live in one shed they are recovering from their spay on tues, we also have toto (boy neutered) whom is bonded with Dorothy unpsayed in wendy house, she has started to make a nest from hay and fur is this normal, there is no chance she can be preg cause we had toto done last year, i am wanting to bond all 4 this summer will i be able to with her unspayed or do i need her spayed also for it to be a success any help appeciated

Jack's-Jane
29-03-2012, 11:57 AM
She is behaving like a normal hormonal entire Doe

I would get her spayed which will improve her quality of life, protect her from Uterine Cancer and infections and also make bonding her into a quad more likely to be successful.

pinkyblare
29-03-2012, 12:00 PM
i thought it was hormones she following toto round like lost lamb wont leave his side i will get her booked in then i think when i go friday with the girls how long before i should attempt to bond post spay?

tonibun
29-03-2012, 07:32 PM
i thought it was hormones she following toto round like lost lamb wont leave his side i will get her booked in then i think when i go friday with the girls how long before i should attempt to bond post spay?

My vet says when she has had her stitches out but some people advise waiting for about six weeks in order for the hormones to calm down.