• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My dog Lucky, recovering

weedug

Mama Doe
Three weeks ago today, I took Lucky to the vet because she had been sick all during the night. She's had problems with her tummy before, passing blood when unwell. They sent her home. I took her for the loo before we got the taxi back, and she passed a load of blood. Back into vets to get her cleaned up, and see if they wanted her re-examined. They didn't come look at her again (didn't even ask how much blood she had passed), and sent us away.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, we faffed back and forwards to our vet and emergency vet until Monday, when it was obvious that she was deteriorating, although the vet still didn't see it. I got her referred to D1ck Vets, where she spent 8 day, when they decided that she was well enough to be discharged, because they were concerned she was loosing too much weight. They were brilliant to her in there :love:. When I collected her, the vet said he had never seen a dog so affected by hemorraging (sp?) gastroenteritis. Her stomach, intestines, pancreas, and kidneys were all terribly inflammed, and she had lost about 15% of her body weight.

All the faffing about means I have used all my £4000 insurance policy, and will still need to pay off about £800. Right now, she has kidney damage, and the vet doesn't know if it is permanent or not, so I will have a year of test to pay for. Just my luck, the insurance policy's new year started on 7th March, and she got ill on 8th.

But I still have my gorgeous girl. She is getting stronger every day, and everyone who sees her says how great she is looking for a dog who has been so ill. She has a bit more fat on her now, and her backbone isn't so pronounced. She is still on 8 tablets a day, and a special diet, but she is getting there :love::love::love:

Shortly after she got home, still looking a bit bony.

014-5.jpg

Yesterday

047.jpg

Bless her heart - she's gorgeous :love:

Glad she's on the mend and getting stronger - good for you, for not giving up :thumb:

I have to agree, I think she is gorgeous too :lol::love::love:

Sorry about the long story, just had to get some of it of my chest :oops::oops:

Back