• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your rabbits try to protect each other? Are they joined at the hip?

clara

New Kit
My two are! :D it's so darn cute I wanna melt! Boy is a year and a half, Girl is a little younger, both unrelated. Boy hated girl at first, Girl loved boy at first sight, so her pleas for her head to be licker were rejected haha :love: . They are free range in the garden all day, and if my cat goes up and sniffs girl, boy will come charging over to scare cat away, always successfully. He always feels the need to protect her, even though she is a tiny bit bigger than him! They are both fixed, so I don't think he's being overly territorial or anything. She is very submissive, and if he wants something she is eating, he gets it. He even takes grass right from her mouth and she just lets him after a short protest :roll:, and wherever he is, she runs. When i put them inside at night, boy runs in excited for dinner, girl wants to play outside still, but when she see's boy going inside, she runs in after him! They're always grazing 2 feet away from eachother, if one moves so does the other! If 1 is binkying around the garden, the other feels the need to copy! It's adorable. Even when a bird flies in, they both charge at it together, with girl copying boy. It's always the same bird, and it's terrified of the rabbits its just hillarious! Sorry for the rant, they're just too cute!! My mum told me they'd never get along!! How wrong she was! Does anyone have similar buns? The weird thing is, I've only ever seen them grooming each other once...

they are not joined at the hip but yuri protects yuki a lot because she has health issues. Yuri attacks me when I treat yuki for anything lol

My two are! :D it's so darn cute I wanna melt! Boy is a year and a half, Girl is a little younger, both unrelated. Boy hated girl at first, Girl loved boy at first sight, so her pleas for her head to be licker were rejected haha :love: . They are free range in the garden all day, and if my cat goes up and sniffs girl, boy will come charging over to scare cat away, always successfully. He always feels the need to protect her, even though she is a tiny bit bigger than him! They are both fixed, so I don't think he's being overly territorial or anything. She is very submissive, and if he wants something she is eating, he gets it. He even takes grass right from her mouth and she just lets him after a short protest :roll:, and wherever he is, she runs. When i put them inside at night, boy runs in excited for dinner, girl wants to play outside still, but when she see's boy going inside, she runs in after him! They're always grazing 2 feet away from eachother, if one moves so does the other! If 1 is binkying around the garden, the other feels the need to copy! It's adorable. Even when a bird flies in, they both charge at it together, with girl copying boy. It's always the same bird, and it's terrified of the rabbits its just hillarious! Sorry for the rant, they're just too cute!! My mum told me they'd never get along!! How wrong she was! Does anyone have similar buns? The weird thing is, I've only ever seen them grooming each other once...

So cute. :love:

My two are much like that. :)

Back