• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pregnant rabbit?

Shauna

Warren Scout
Some of you may remember that i took on two female rabbits not to long ago after their owner passed away, this was just over 3 weeks ago.

I went out this morning and put them out in the runs, but then when i went back to clean out the cage ive found she making a nest in her bed area :shock:, does this mean shes pregnant or could it be a phantom and what should i do :oops:

this was her at the weekend, she was underweight when i got her but would you say she looks pregnant? :shock: im panicking here lol
2012-03-24172219.jpg

Mine too his built s nest overnight and she isn't pregnant this will be her 4 phantom pregnancy in about two and a half months! She is going for her say on Monday. hope your bun is ok got

My bridge bun Skeeter ( who was a boy) used to make nests. It was the strangest thing. :lol: He only did it a few times, but he sure did make me wonder.

If you are concerned I would take her to a vet to get looked over. It might be better to be safe than sorry. xx

I think a trip to the vet is in order for a double check of sexes, and to check if she is pregnant. If she is, you may want to discuss the possibility of an emergency spay with them too, although it would depend how far gone she is...

She may just be having a phantom pregnancy or being hormonal, but its best to get her checked out!

Back