PDA

View Full Version : Who else has had to start taking 'measures' due to the heat?

GrahamL
28-03-2012, 08:21 AM
We now have 2 bowls of additional water around the room, not for drinking, but to keep the air moist as it evaporates.

We have 3 frozen water bottles in random locations they can lie against to cool down.

This morning, i've brought a small fan in, that sits infront of one of those cold water bowls.

According to my weather app, its meant to cool down from today onwards :thumb: Yay! (sorry, the heat really upsets me, and my bunnies)

louise and Gus
28-03-2012, 08:23 AM
Heat? Not been that warm here...snowflake lit on my dash board this morning..

GrahamL
28-03-2012, 08:25 AM

:shock: Really?

It was 11 degrees already when i got up at 6, its now 14 at 8:30, so its going to be another warm one!

Becca
28-03-2012, 08:36 AM
6c here at the moment,had to scrape my windscreen three mornings on the trot:shock:

louise and Gus
28-03-2012, 08:44 AM
I still have a heater on...

weeble
28-03-2012, 08:51 AM

This and we have the heater on at work. It warms up about 1pm ish and stays warm but only around 18c its just nice

missFloppyears
28-03-2012, 08:56 AM
weve had some heat here gray your not going balmy:lol:
I have had to keep a watchfull eye on my lions as of yesterday they have all shown discomfort with the heat:(

KarenM
28-03-2012, 08:57 AM
It's been nice here but not hot enough to cause us any problems. The bunnies are more relaxed in the kennel; they're not so puffed up and Alfie's started sleeping sprawled out on his side rather than all huddled up trying to keep warm.

helen01
28-03-2012, 09:10 AM
We've had some heat too, the shed and run is quite shaded so not enough to cause Poppy any worries. She definately prefers the cold weather though:cry:

chul
28-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Nice and sunny so the buns are loving being in the garden all afternoon, but not too hot :)

Chopster
28-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Mine seem to be loving the sun. I've put a water bowl up the top where they run around the garden, but their hutch and run is very shaded, so hopefully won't have any problems.

Georgeypudding
28-03-2012, 09:33 AM
been lots of flopping here :wave: I've had the ice pods out :wave:

megansmummy
28-03-2012, 09:35 AM
Its been lovely here in the daytime but the morings are chilly!! P&D have spent more of the time flopped on their run floor which is paving slabs so keeping their tummies nice and cool :)

Fluffers
28-03-2012, 09:40 AM
It's been 16-18 degrees every day here for the last week but dropping to 4-6 at night (3 last night). Set to continue like this until at least Sunday but then drop to 11 in the day and below freezing at night :shock:

The buns set up is in the shade all day (which I sometimes feel a bit bad about) but I'd rather it be like that than risk them over heating. It's on the patio so nice cool slabs to lie on but I've added a large wall tile to the run floor as an additional cool surface :wave:

joeydoodle
28-03-2012, 09:51 AM
It's been 16-18 degrees every day here for the last week but dropping to 4-6 at night (3 last night). Set to continue like this until at least Sunday but then drop to 11 in the day and below freezing at night :shock:

The buns set up is in the shade all day (which I sometimes feel a bit bad about) but I'd rather it be like that than risk them over heating. It's on the patio so nice cool slabs to lie on but I've added a large wall tile to the run floor as an additional cool surface :wave:

that's a good idea, we've got some large tiles left over from the bathroom so I'll add one to the run ;)

Our outside weather station has been reading 1-2 in the mornings this week, but it's not taking long to warm up!

Hugo's There
28-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Its been sunny during the day but is still dropping down really low at night. The house is still cold and we still need the heating on so nothing to concern the indoor buns either:D

ripminnie
28-03-2012, 11:06 AM
We have had frost the last 3 nights, but then it heats up to 20 degrees in the day! :shock: that's a huge difference, poor buns don't know what's going on! Olly and Honey seem fine inside with curtains closed, Digby suffers a bit outside when it's so warm, he flops a lot. They've got cold lino to lie on in their kennel which helps, and it's always in the shade.

Pebblesetc
28-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Buckley's had a frozen water bottle to flop against but that's it. Mostly he just flops under the table and sleeps during the warmer parts of the day, then runs around like mad in the evenings.

LittleEskimo
28-03-2012, 12:05 PM
20 degrees today. Rabbits wont be going back until the sun has gone behind the houses. Until then I am gonna make sure they have lots of shade :thumb:

BattleKat
28-03-2012, 12:06 PM
I've not been particularly warm yet. Still wearing multiple layers and closing the windows when I get in from work. :oops:

Bunnies seem fine, they're in a sheltered part of the garden though so it never gets too warm. Only one part of their run gets sun so they have somewhere to sunbathe if they want.
We sorted out the windows on the shed so we can take off the plastic panels but last year it never really got warm enough in the shed to have to.:roll:

cpayne
28-03-2012, 12:32 PM
It's been warm during the day but morning and evening's it's turned cold and frosty.

Where Doughnut is seems to remain quite cool in my lounger/dinner, it's the conservatory that gets really hot so don't have a problem with her overheating. In fact last weekend when she was indoors, she laid in the sunny spot instead of the shade so she seems to be a summer babe!

helgalush
28-03-2012, 01:02 PM
We took the clear plastic corrugated sheets off the top of Twinkle & Star's run as soon as it got sunny, and now its totally covered in white tarpaulin to reflect the sun off. What do T&S do? They find the only patch of sun in the run and insist on sitting in it!

Gemmapookie
28-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Well at the moment our mountain weather cant decide what its doing! For the past week its been reaching 20-22 during the day and well below freezing at night. Obviously the temperature change isnt great for the buns so Ive been putting the heating on at night so that hopefully indoors stays around the same temperature. They are LOVING going out on the balconies late mornings though :)

Oh and the great moult has started. Again :roll: :evil:

Aly&Poppy<3
28-03-2012, 01:26 PM
22 degrees here :D indoor rabbits are fine but have frozen bottles just in case :) the outdoor bunnies are on the grass with a water bottle and bowl each, 2 frozen water bottles each and plenty of shade :D Lola is being smart and lying next to the bottle in the shade, but Donny is in his hutch no where near the frozen bottle :roll: :lol: the lino is probably cool for him though. He'll probably be on the grass the next time I check on them :)

Edit: just checked on them and Donny is flat out in the shade :lol:

little-laura
28-03-2012, 04:42 PM
i put the frozen water bottle in and yuri.... HUMPS IT! :lol:

yuki sprawled out next to it and did the rabbit equivalent of purring lol

Vegan_Bunny
28-03-2012, 04:51 PM
My bunnies have been out for most of the past week (during the day) and I've had to put extra things on their run for shade and today have had to put in a bottle full of cold water for them to lie next to.....they completely ignored it of course. :lol:

Fiver "escaped" the run (I was taking piccies and he made a dash for the open door) and was sprinting, binkying and being a bit of an idiot around the garden. He voluntarily hopped into my kitchen and allowed me to pick him up, when I put him back in his run he went straight to the shaded part and flopped down, panting! :lol: Daft ******.

Elena
28-03-2012, 05:12 PM
It's cooler indoors here at the moment. I've had the windows open and the lops have been in the garden for three hours. Was meant to be two hours but I didn't have anyone to help me carry them back up. Sometimes with the lops we just carry them as they're good enough not to wriggle.