• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who else has had to start taking 'measures' due to the heat?

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
We now have 2 bowls of additional water around the room, not for drinking, but to keep the air moist as it evaporates.

We have 3 frozen water bottles in random locations they can lie against to cool down.

This morning, i've brought a small fan in, that sits infront of one of those cold water bowls.

According to my weather app, its meant to cool down from today onwards :thumb: Yay! (sorry, the heat really upsets me, and my bunnies)

weve had some heat here gray your not going balmy:lol:
I have had to keep a watchfull eye on my lions as of yesterday they have all shown discomfort with the heat:(

It's been nice here but not hot enough to cause us any problems. The bunnies are more relaxed in the kennel; they're not so puffed up and Alfie's started sleeping sprawled out on his side rather than all huddled up trying to keep warm.

We've had some heat too, the shed and run is quite shaded so not enough to cause Poppy any worries. She definately prefers the cold weather though:cry:

Nice and sunny so the buns are loving being in the garden all afternoon, but not too hot :)

Mine seem to be loving the sun. I've put a water bowl up the top where they run around the garden, but their hutch and run is very shaded, so hopefully won't have any problems.

Its been lovely here in the daytime but the morings are chilly!! P&D have spent more of the time flopped on their run floor which is paving slabs so keeping their tummies nice and cool :)

It's been 16-18 degrees every day here for the last week but dropping to 4-6 at night (3 last night). Set to continue like this until at least Sunday but then drop to 11 in the day and below freezing at night :shock:

The buns set up is in the shade all day (which I sometimes feel a bit bad about) but I'd rather it be like that than risk them over heating. It's on the patio so nice cool slabs to lie on but I've added a large wall tile to the run floor as an additional cool surface :wave:

It's been 16-18 degrees every day here for the last week but dropping to 4-6 at night (3 last night). Set to continue like this until at least Sunday but then drop to 11 in the day and below freezing at night :shock:

The buns set up is in the shade all day (which I sometimes feel a bit bad about) but I'd rather it be like that than risk them over heating. It's on the patio so nice cool slabs to lie on but I've added a large wall tile to the run floor as an additional cool surface :wave:

that's a good idea, we've got some large tiles left over from the bathroom so I'll add one to the run ;)

Our outside weather station has been reading 1-2 in the mornings this week, but it's not taking long to warm up!

Its been sunny during the day but is still dropping down really low at night. The house is still cold and we still need the heating on so nothing to concern the indoor buns either:D

We have had frost the last 3 nights, but then it heats up to 20 degrees in the day! :shock: that's a huge difference, poor buns don't know what's going on! Olly and Honey seem fine inside with curtains closed, Digby suffers a bit outside when it's so warm, he flops a lot. They've got cold lino to lie on in their kennel which helps, and it's always in the shade.

Buckley's had a frozen water bottle to flop against but that's it. Mostly he just flops under the table and sleeps during the warmer parts of the day, then runs around like mad in the evenings.

20 degrees today. Rabbits wont be going back until the sun has gone behind the houses. Until then I am gonna make sure they have lots of shade :thumb:

I've not been particularly warm yet. Still wearing multiple layers and closing the windows when I get in from work. :oops:

Bunnies seem fine, they're in a sheltered part of the garden though so it never gets too warm. Only one part of their run gets sun so they have somewhere to sunbathe if they want.
We sorted out the windows on the shed so we can take off the plastic panels but last year it never really got warm enough in the shed to have to.:roll:

Back