• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question about litter training

Bellatrix18

Warren Scout
My boy Logan is getting two wifey buns in a couple of weeks and I was wondering how to go about litter training them. I never really had to train Logan as he just always went in his tray for as long as he was big enough to be let out of his handrearing cage, but my two outdoors buns are dreadful and just pee everywhere, both in and out of their litter tray :roll: So if my two new girls are like that it will be an interesting week or two of cleaning up pee :lol:

I really want to be prepared and have all the info before they get here, so I was wondering basically how to litter train. Would they naturally pick up on Logans habit and use his litter tray (he only has the one) or will I have to train them slowly with loads of litter trays in lots of different corners to start off with?

Thanks a lot :wave:

Last edited:
There's not really an answer to this I'm afraid, it depends on the buns. If they are neutered and litter trained they may just pee where he pees, thats what I found Annabelle did when she moved in with Barney. But expect litter training, especially poops, to go out the window for a bit as its a new bond and a new environment for them, and both will cause them to want to mark their territory.

By bumping your topic you actually take it out of unanswered posts and make it less likely someone will see. :)

Are the girls spayed? That's the biggest factor. If they are they will likely choose a spot and then you can put a litter tray there. I use vinegar to clean up where I don't want them to pee and just sweep up any stray poops.

Thank you for the replies
I don't usually bump but the post had gone off the first page! :)

I was wondering if there was more information out there on litter training that I might have missed but it seems like I just have to see how the buns react when they get here, and if they don't like it, forever be a slave to bunny pee :roll:

They will be spayed as soon as they settle in here (the rescue doesn't spay their buns) and hopefully, by the time I'm ready to bond, their hormones will have died down enough and they'll just pick up on Logans habits...

Last edited:
In that case, I'd get on to litter training straight away when they get to you, so that by the time you bond they are already litter trained :)

Thanks, That's a great idea :D
Fingers crossed that, after a few weeks in a smaller area learning to use a litter tray, they'll pick it up in no time once they're let into Logans room.

Thanks, That's a great idea :D
Fingers crossed that, after a few weeks in a smaller area learning to use a litter tray, they'll pick it up in no time once they're let into Logans room.

Remember you'll have to increase the bonded trios space gradually for both the bond and littertraining. Just dont expect them to be too good at the litter training until a few weeks after theyre spayed, and even after if they can smell/see Logan :lol: if Logan smells/sees them he may lose his litter training too!

Back