• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sherlock, the chop and cohabiting!

CwningenBach

Warren Scout
Hello!

Sherlock had the chop exactly 6 weeks ago today. Can Sherlock and Mrs Hudson (who is to be spayed in a week and a half) sleep together (... hmm) this evening rather than being kept separate?

Stuart

Thank you :)

I do remember hearing that up until 7 weeks it is possible for him to get her pregnant... but then I've heard some people scoff at that and say it's certainly shorter than 7 weeks!

If she is definitely going to be spayed in a week and a half it 'technically' wouldn't matter. But if he were to still be fertile you might be killing some embryos if you're okay with that.

The other thing is she might still be hormonal and this might cause a fight which could then scare him. And also she would need to be separated from him to be spayed and will come back smelling of the vets which might break the bond.

Some people do play dates though, have the buns together for a little while each day to get them used to each other and then separate them. Then once she's spayed and recovered you could do it properly.

I would say, so you are not putting yourself through any stress or the buns I would wait till after she has recovered from her spay and he has settled down. As until the hormones have settled he may still be humpy which wont be nice for lady bun or she might be humpy which wont be nice for him lol

she could fall pregnant as he may still have some remaining cells in him and so she will be having a spay and in essence an abortion if you put them together before her spay.

you could however put their cages close to each other if possible so they can get use to each others smells

I would say, so you are not putting yourself through any stress or the buns I would wait till after she has recovered from her spay and he has settled down. As until the hormones have settled he may still be humpy which wont be nice for lady bun or she might be humpy which wont be nice for him lol

she could fall pregnant as he may still have some remaining cells in him and so she will be having a spay and in essence an abortion if you put them together before her spay.

you could however put their cages close to each other if possible so they can get use to each others smells

:thumb:

Back