• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bit worried about Mrs....

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
Mrs has been quiet today...Ive found her in the same spot twice.Just sitting.
Ive just put in some food.Will see if it gets eaten...she moved away from me,quite quickly so its possible she was just warm.
It could be nothing, Im a worry guts at the best of times........

Honestly? I would trust your gut. If you think there is something wrong and are picking up on something wrong, then someone is wrong.

I hope she noms and perks up soon :)

She refused apple indoors.Spoke to vet, thought she would be better in her own shed and not the lounge.
She has eaten a dandylion and groomed herself.and when i threw in a carrot crunchie she whizzed round to get it.
I dont think theres much wrong.Not with that behaviour......:lol::oops::shock:

Is she eating hay? When my buns go into stasis or the beginnings of stasis they tend to sit in the same place even when I move them. They will eat treats/pellets but not touch their hay and not produce any poos or have misshapen poos. Just keep an eye on her and trust your gut instincts! They are generally right in my experience.

Hope she is ok :)

Is she eating hay? When my buns go into stasis or the beginnings of stasis they tend to sit in the same place even when I move them. They will eat treats/pellets but not touch their hay and not produce any poos or have misshapen poos. Just keep an eye on her and trust your gut instincts! They are generally right in my experience.

Hope she is ok :)

Im still observing, dont you fret!! Shes usually a great hay eater, so Im gonna top her up and watch.....

Thanks for thinking of us,Guys.xxxxx

Hope she is OK. I've not been online as much today, but I didn't notice another bun in Rabbit Chat who seemed a bit off with heat a likely cause. xxx

I hope Mrs is now munching again. It's amazing how we pick up on the slightest behaviour change in our buns and the worry from that point until they are back to normal is awful. Please keep it's updated.

Charging round the bunny shed, didnt want to go into hutch.Back in and settled.Will check again first thing.Have put in more hay and apple.

Back