• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advise please!

iona_m

New Kit
Hi
My rabbit is 15 months old and I've had him for 13 months he is an otter lop and his
He is very happy and so friendly - he has never bitten me, likes being picked up and cuddled, jumps on to join me on the sofa, licks me all the time and has never had any problems with using the litter tray etc
He does occasionally circle my feet and honk but it doesn't bother me and he doesn't do it for long so I haven't felt the need get him neutered as all seems OK with his behavior and he is calm and happy
He is my 3rd rabbit and my past two were nasty lil grumps from the word go so I'm hoping that this placid personality is just how he is and he's not gonna change - from experience do you think that's the case or wishful thinking and he is gonna get aggressive with age if I don't get him neutered?
Please advice me as his best interests come first but I also don't want my perfect baby boy to change!!!
Thanks x

he may not get agressive with age but he may start spraying you, trying to mount you, loosing all litter tray habits, marking everything insight, becoming protective over things.

It's defiantly best to neuter imo, he'll get very frustrated with all those hormones racing around inside him :wave:

He may well get more aggressive if he isn't neutered, but more importantly, if you get him neutered, you will cut his risk of testicular cancer, and neutering pretty much always makes them less hormonal and friendlier towards people and other rabbits :wave:

:)

I have 3 bunnies 2 boys
Smudge my first did exactly the same totally gorgeous and he was very friendly but he did after a while start to spray and anything that smelt of me in the house got wee'd on
He didn't become aggressive but neutering stopped his spraying and calmed him down slightly he was still as lovely afterwards that didn't change
But he now loves his little wifey ( millie) more hahah
Good luck with your bunny :)

Back