• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice For Relative

MikePalmer88

Alpha Buck
Hi All,

My cousin recently adopted 2 females, UN NEUTERED 2 year old lops from someone who couldn't care for them any longer

As soon as I saw I made her aware about the potentials for fighting etc and she says they get on swimmingly.

I've seen lots of photos of them bunny flopped etc and she has a sensible head on her and isn't an idiot.

Im just looking for some advice to give her regarding neutering them still and why. Diet and about space.

If anyone has links I can let her read herself rather than throwing info at her that would she great.

There are very high rates of uterine cancer in unspayed females. In my experience it also makes them friendlier and tidier.

Diet: hay, hay and more hay and a SMALL amount of good quality pellets plus rabbit safe greens. I stick with herbs and things like dandelions.

Space: They need around 50 sq ft. The RWAF recommend a 6x2 foot hutch with attached 8x4 foot run. :)

HTH :D

Back