• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit firendly lawn fertilizer

thenamesJT

Mama Doe
Hey All!

Got to fertilize or lawn on Friday and wondering if there are pet friendly oneson the market?

If not, for how long should I keep the rabbits of it for?

Many thanks!

Im having same trouble at the moment as most of the feltilizers say keep pets off for a couple of days or until it has been watered in... however grazing animals are supposed to be kept off for four weeks :shock:

Weve decided to do ours in sections... :oops:

Noooo my dog would be out there all day eating them :roll:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You don't need to scatter the poos, just make bunny poo tea by soaking them in some water. We did liquid fertiliser last year with some horse poop in a sack in a water butt.

Soak nettles and comfrey in a lidded bucket of water till it's nice and stinky, then put a cupful of the resulting liquid in a watering can of water and water the lawn or anything else that needs fertiliser:D

I use Lawn Magic from QVC.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.564677.cm_scid.KeywordSearch

It says that it is pet friendly and I have been using it every six weeks for two years without any problems whatsoever.

I put it on the grass in the evening when the buns are away for the night to give it a chance to soak in but other than that I am not worried about them eating the grass or playing on it.

It does work - I notice a difference within a few days of using it.

Thanks all for your advice!

:wave:

Might try the QVC stuff! I plan to fertilize the lawn on Friday and not put the rabbits on the grass until the following weekend or until it rains! :D

Back