• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Paintbox has been poorly u/d fenugreek crunchie has been nommed :)

Fluffers

Wise Old Thumper
She ate her tea at 5.30pm as usual & enjoyed some free time in the garden.

Went to check on them at 7.30pm and she was clearly not comfortable. Didn't want to eat or move :( Gave her some ranitadine, waited a couple of hours. No change so off to the emergency vets at 11pm for pain relief, gut stimulant & sub cut fluids. No sign of gas or blockage. Temp, heart & breathing all normal.

Left her snuggled in a hay pile at 1am, very worried :(

Much brighter this morning & eaten a little :) Nommed a fair bit of apple stick & seen her munching some hay. Not back to her usual bouncy self but moving around & periscoping. Everything crossed she's got over whatever it was that was making her feel so poorly.

My gut feeling is that she over indulged a little whilst free ranging but I can't be sure :(

A warning to others: If your rabbit isn't used to free ranging or having time on grass please please limit the time they have. The girls here only have 10-15 mins out twice day but if they don't stop eating whilst they're out and they're not used to the fresh greens of spring then it can cause tummy upsets :(

I was watching the girls the whole time they were out & Paintbox did very little eating (more binkying than anything) so really not sure if this is what has happened in her case but I think it's worth mentioning anyway.

Last edited:
Vibes for Paintbox (great name!) that she continues to get better Jen.

Spring grass is so rich, it upsets a lot of bunny tummys :(

Vibes for Paintbox (great name!) that she continues to get better Jen.

Spring grass is so rich, it upsets a lot of bunny tummys :(

Thank you :) Jill picked her name :roll::lol:;) I call her 'Boxy' because I'm lazy :oops:

She's munching on hay just now so really hoping she's ok again. She's such a little (2kg!) poppet :love:

Aw little Paintbox :love:

Hope youre feeling better little missy - please no more scaring mummy like that its not nice.

Make sure you eat lots and lots of nommy hay and your twigs and make sure you do some hopping about today and plenty of big golden poops please little one.

Me, Bee and the piggies send you nose rubs xx

Glad she is on the mend and hope you got some sleep :D xx

No but hey! Who needs sleep?! Sleep is for wimps! :lol:

She's just been out on the patio (no access to any noms!) & seems much happier now. She came running over to me when I went to the run. All litter trays cleaned out & re-filled with fresh hay - she dived straight in & starting munching so hopefully she's 100% or very nearly :love:

:wave: I'm afraid you'll have to make do with just one for now ;)

SepBoxy.jpg

:wave: I'm afraid you'll have to make do with just one for now ;)

SepBoxy.jpg

awww beautiful Paintbox, hope she's feeling all better soon x
Must admit Joey had a few wet(ish) poos last week after hub mowed the lawn for the first time this year... wonder if that's because of the new spring grass? They were in the afternoon too after he'd been out on the grass :?
nose rubs to Paintbox and the other girls x :love:

Lots of vibes for a continued recovery. xxx

Re. grass, Spenser had his first short time on grass this year yesterday, but was too busy reorientating himself with his outdoor Kingdom to eat much grass. He was out about 20 minutes, but I would have brought him in quicker if he had been eating the grass. I think he thought it was some kind of carpet!

awww beautiful Paintbox, hope she's feeling all better soon x
Must admit Joey had a few wet(ish) poos last week after hub mowed the lawn for the first time this year... wonder if that's because of the new spring grass? They were in the afternoon too after he'd been out on the grass :?
nose rubs to Paintbox and the other girls x :love:

Almost certainly yes. Something to bear in mind going forward ;) Some buns seem to cope well with new things, others are affected in a mild way and some just don't cope at all :( I suppose they are no different to us in that respect. Not all foods agree with all people!

Thank you for all your good wishes :wave:

Paintbox is currently fast asleep on the fleecey blanket in the run so I'm not going to disturb her just at the moment as she looks very relaxed :love:

I'll do the fenugreek crunchie test in another hour though ;)

I'm glad she is doing better. I hope she continues to improve. :D

Hopefully she'll take the fenugreek crunchie with no problem. xx

She has passed the fenugreek crunchie test :lol::lol::lol: Phew!

Just refreshed their hay & water as off out for a couple of hours now. Hopefully when I get back they'll be ready for a little play on the patio followed by some pellets & fresh herbs :D

Back